Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Leaking tail shifter cover?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
Hey all you unfortunate tailshifter folks (and stock /6 folks)! If you have a leaking cover plate (on the bottom of the tail cone held in buy 4 nuts) then I have a deal for you!

Free seals for this spot. I'll even pay postage!

Why? Because all the seal kits come with this seal and I hardly have commissions to build tail shifters. As such, I hang onto these until someone needs them and then give them away. No one has asked for one in a looooong time (pretty sure no one know I have some). So, help me help you. While supplies last.

Also, this is a shameless way to get my name out as I need to sell parts and make some $$ for my habits smile.gif
racerbvd
So this will work on the 914-6 tranny we are going through???
Dr Evil
The seal kit comes with it if you bought it. Otherwise, yes. This seal goes under the bottom plate that is held on with 4x 10mm bolts.
racerbvd
With the tail cone of a Six being slightly different than a Four (do you have any extra Six cones & rods?) I wanted to make sure the same seal is used (was pretty sure,) but didn't want to say I want, if I can't use it.. biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
Let me be clear, IT IS THE SAME. I do have spare /6 cones if you are in need smile.gif
luskesq
I have a 1.7 tailshifter and that is the last leak (for a while) that I need to deal with. I'll be more than happy to pay the postage & for the kit. That would be great. Do I pm you?

keith
Dr Evil
PM is best
ptravnic
PM sent
Dr Evil
4 out of 20 spoken for smile.gif

Please send address with request so I can get them out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.