Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Garage Painters: What water filters are you using?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
barada
Hey guys. I have started full tilt on restoration of my 74 914. I am ready to prime and paint now and was wondering what you guys are using for Water filters from your compressor. I have the inline Kobalt filter that Lowes sells and a "Toilet Paper" Motor guard filter behind it. In most cases I am pretty dry but I have noticed more water than befoe, although I have been using the die grinder alot and the Compressor is running more.
What do you suggest. Mine is wired in my garage, one person suggested moving it to the basement and running the lines back up to the garage.
I have a 5hp 60 Gallon compressor.

Thanks
Phillip
underthetire
A friend of mine used the harbor freight canister dryer, just for painting. Worked well on his, and not a lot of money if your just doing one car.
jonferns
I've also used the Harbor Freight canister, works well
jmill
I made my own, a lint free towel stuffed inside of a 4" pipe nipple with end caps. I welded bungs on the caps for the air fittings. Kept the pressure below what the pipe was rated for so I didn't make a pipe bomb. That worked well in Northern California. It's very humid where I am now. I'll have to have a few systems lined up in series to get dry air now.
IronHillRestorations
I have a water trap and a dessicant type water trap as well. When it's really humid, I use a disposable inline dessicant too.

More importantly don't scrimp on the lung filters, you only get two of those. If you are using catalyzed activated paint, then you really need a full face separate air supply system. They aren't cheap, but less than a iron lung or air tent.
barada
QUOTE(9146986 @ Jul 16 2011, 11:13 PM) *

I have a water trap and a dessicant type water trap as well. When it's really humid, I use a disposable inline dessicant too.

More importantly don't scrimp on the lung filters, you only get two of those. If you are using catalyzed activated paint, then you really need a full face separate air supply system. They aren't cheap, but less than a iron lung or air tent.

Respirator is taken care of.
I think I am going to have to get a dessicant and use an inline. I was going to epoxy prime the car this weekend but decided to hold off until I fell good about the Moisture.

Thanks
Phillip
Andyrew
I use 2 of the disposable water filters. One at the tank and one at the gun, Pop in a new one before the shoot.
VaccaRabite
I use a water trap at the pressure regulator and then an inline water trap at the gun.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.