Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1st day drive new car to work
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
Yelow Porsches ARE faster. Unless it is raining like today.

all in all the car ran well. raining like a SOB all the way to work. However the defrost won't work again. got to be a bad connection as I don't believe I am getting power.

This early 1.7L FI engine just does not sound very good through the 2.0L SSI Bursch combo. Well not like the rodded 2.0L with a big cam and carbs. <_<

Now there seems to be a oil leak around the # 2 cylinder area, almost at the head to cylinder joint. Can't imagine how that is happening.

Guess it will be dry out car, and sort some of this out tonight.

Hey got another question!! should the spare be face up or down. 2.0L FUCH 165 tire. Seems that the washer valve is hitting the cover board.
Andyrew
I'd put my spare facing down for more luggage room, But hey, What do I know.

Andrew

Just nice to hear more cars on the road.
rick 918-S
[QUOTE=Hey got another question!! should the spare be face up or down. 2.0L FUCH 165 tire. Seems that the washer valve is hitting the cover board. [/QUOTE]
These cars have a spare? biggrin.gif Congrads on the drive! thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Joe Ricard
Well, I believe a near stock car like mine requires a Spare tire to make the crumple zone work correctly. Heaven forbid I ever need the use of one BUT ya never know. I also remember somebody putting big ass speakers in the front trunk in place of the spare. The speaker board cut through the front foot well and severly damaging the occupant. (something like that).

Spare has to be bolted down and is designed to pivot upward by the forward end and then continue crushing to the gas tank.

BTW I am watching the Super trap thread. I have a pair of ST ends about 5 inch dia. and 12 in long. Gonna come up with something that is replaceable with simple hand tools.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.