Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Northeast 914 Summer Rally & Barbeque
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFoley
I'll start it off with a little video of the afterdark entertainment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocLJTY4rF_Q
ChrisFoley
James Smith, Scott Pratt and his son Ethan came back for coffee, bacon and eggs this morning. chowtime.gif
This is James' 914-6 in front of Joe's disabled vehicle just before James hit the road back to Bangor.

Click to view attachment
djm914-6
Had a great time! I'm happy to have my car on the road again after so many years. While one person referred to my car as having patina, after this event I got the motivation to get my car looking better. I did have one small issue with the throttle cable but made it home without an issue. A big thanks to Rich for helping out with the tool loans.
djm914-6
stops were welcomed.
djm914-6
there's always one in every bunch. happy11.gif
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jul 17 2011, 01:29 PM) *

James Smith, Scott Pratt and his son Ethan came back for coffee, bacon and eggs this morning. chowtime.gif

Oops, posted in the original thread before seeing this one!

Breakfast was awesome, we might be back down next Sunday laugh.gif

Jasfsmith
Exceptional people with exceptional cars.

Great time. Now just where did Chris hide that bottle of Ten Penney Ale?

As usual, most of the thanks goes to Mary for Chris's party.
Randal
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Jul 18 2011, 06:30 AM) *

QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jul 17 2011, 01:29 PM) *

Oops, posted in the original thread before seeing this one!

Breakfast was awesome, we might be back down next Sunday laugh.gif

You folks ended up with great weather. Pretty impressive bunch of 914's there, but where are the pictures of the bbq, the autox and the enduro? flag.gif
rwilner
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Jul 17 2011, 10:19 PM) *

A big thanks to Rich for helping out with the tool loans.

Dave -- my pleasure buddy. I brought my full toolkit knowing someone would need it, even if it wasn't me!

You can repay me by letting me help you do the bodywork on your car...it's something I would love to learn to do.
scott_in_nh
Staying in the area overnight and visiting a local attraction ended up being a good move.

Jasfsmith
QUOTE(Randal @ Jul 18 2011, 10:19 AM) *

You folks ended up with great weather. Pretty impressive bunch of 914's there, but where are the pictures of the bbq, the autox and the enduro? flag.gif

My enduro consisted of gathering my wits on Sunday to head north (home) for 5 and 1/2 hours. I've come to the conclusion that MA drivers are worst than CT drivers. They either make irratic moves from far left lane to far right lanes, weaving in and out to move ahead of car or two, OR insist on driving in the far left lane AT the speed limit.

I refuse to pass on the right after having seen results of such action on two occasions. There were many an annoyed driver in the left lane that begrudgenly moved aside as I as I approached with flashing lights. Most I believe, never looking in there rear mirrors for miles at a time.

Even had one section on I495 (three lanes) were no one was riding the far right lane as far as the eye could see, except a late model Maserati that blew past everyone with a sweet throated sound at what must have been 100+. This in what I call bumper to bumper traffic.
r_towle
gotta learn the 495 reverse lane rules...
It happens in spots...then flips back to normal in other spots.
Go to the right...pass everyone...then go back to the left again...odd but true.

Rich
ChrisFoley
Here's Joe's video, going downhill on Bunker Hill Rd at close to 60mph.
The 2 914s and 911 didn't catch up to me (towing Joe's car) until the stop sign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHzwdbHiKZw
chuckc
Wow... I wish I could have been there. If this winter oes well maybe I'll be ready for next year.
AndyB
QUOTE(esses62 @ Jul 19 2011, 09:21 PM) *

QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Jul 17 2011, 10:22 PM) *

Hey what the fuch it is an air cooled targa aktion035.gif

Hey its not Scotts fault his 914 has been down for a flat tire since right after Hershey. After all he did bring an air cooled Porsche. And he did participate
djm914-6
QUOTE(Scarlet75 @ Jul 20 2011, 05:21 AM) *

QUOTE(esses62 @ Jul 19 2011, 09:21 PM) *

QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Jul 17 2011, 10:22 PM) *

Hey what the fuch it is an air cooled targa aktion035.gif

Hey its not Scotts fault his 914 has been down for a flat tire since right after Hershey. After all he did bring an air cooled Porsche. And he did participate

I was only kidding, jeez. I happen to like the three tail draggers that showed up... and the Ghia too. They all look and ran better than my car.
jd74914
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jul 19 2011, 10:46 AM) *

Here's Joe's video, going downhill on Bunker Hill Rd at close to 60mph.
The 2 914s and 911 didn't catch up to me (towing Joe's car) until the stop sign.

Only 60...geeze. I'm pretty sure there is a cop permanantly stationed on Bunker Hill Friday nights because of me. laugh.gif

The cars all look great. I'm sorry I couldn't make it. sad.gif
ChrisFoley
If you were in the neighborhood you would have seen this from the road:

Click to view attachment
rwilner
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jul 20 2011, 08:28 PM) *

If you were in the neighborhood you would have seen this from the road:

Click to view attachment

That's me in front! biggrin.gif
rwilner
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Jul 20 2011, 01:53 PM) *

They all look and ran better than my car.

::hijack::
Dave
When you were telling me about old time garage and how they worked on your car, I meant to mention this to you: If you can't get to Chris for some reason and are looking for a really good aircooled shop nearby that isn't old time garage...check out varas garage on the needham/newton line on central ave.

Maurizio races a 924S and did a 6 conversion on a teener last year. I busted my shift rod last year and he welded it back together for me and didn't even charge me!!

Great guy and great shop, and he always has lots of cool old cars around. If the weather is nice you'll see his burgundy 356 parked out front.
::end hijack::
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.