Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tinkering with Console Gage Layout
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
So what started as farting around in the garage while waiting on the machine shop (formally known as Rimco) is now needing some gages. I've got room for 6-8 gages depending. I'm thinking one each of oil temp, oil pressure, CHT , fuel pressure, volt meter, digital hobbs and an eyeball lamp w/small rocker switch???? Empty panels are expensive.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

And then I started daydreaming and got off in left field with this approach....If you can do some really nice wire routing/looms then this might be a way to show your skills off. There are lighting kits that use a plexiglas to transmit light. The gages are not lit themselves but receive their illumination of the gage face from the glass. IIRC, they were $450 +, but cool.

Click to view attachment

Hey, want to see my RICARdO seats. av-943.gif lol-2.gif laugh.gif

Click to view attachment

jsayre914
I love it!

you could problably find a cheaper kit, i see subwoofer boxes lit from under with plexi surrounds. Try looking on a car audio site for a cheaper kit confused24.gif

Its gonna look awesome smile.gif
SLITS
Would you like some Saki with your popped rice?
76-914
sad.gif I was going for the retro look, not Asian. Besides, this isn't the stick on vinyl. It's Aluminumdumbum.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

With a stock size gauge panel there is a lot of room, I did one for a friend that

that 6 2inch gauges,and a big screen for a digatal readout O/2 sensor . If your

careful with placement there is a lot of room. If i would have not had to put in the

2/0 sensor screen ,there would have plenty of room for 2 more gauges. That

would 8 in total. Dave slap.gif
914.SBC
Looks sort like my guage console.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.