Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCC 05 planning
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
rick 918-S
1. I think a pole should be taken to see where interest lies for a location. We did this last time. We have a team starting to form for So Cal. But the Oregon people seemed like they really wanted the next event. I'm a computer dork and don't know how to properly set up the pole. If there is interest in this idea would someone do the pole.

2. Should there be a closed forum for the 05 planners like there was for us?
VegasRacer
I think it is great that there is competition for hosting the 2005 WCC.

I personally am a little scared with trying to piggy back the 2006 event on the PCA parade in Oregon. I doubt that I would try to do both.

It would be nice is both the SoCal group and the Oregon group could make preliminary proposals to the club before we started a poll.

And, Yes! A closed forum for planners is a great idea.
We need to keep the ball rolling while inteerest is high.
Demick
I don't think a general poll is appropriate for this. I think the planners from north and south need to have some discussions and agree among themselves what should happen. There are no losers. If it goes so cal in '05, then it goes pac northwest in '06 or visa versa. It's just a timing thing. So Cal is almost guaranteed to have more participants, but that does not make Pac NW any less valid of a location - which is why I don't think a popularity poll is in order. I can predict the results of that poll.

As far as private planning area. Definitely. You can't plan the event in full public view. Too many opinions. The people committed to putting on the event need to make the decisions without everyone and his brother criticizing the plans.

Demick
seanery
As soon as there are players/leader for 05 we can start a forum for them. Doing it now is probably premature, unless we want to lead the team until they have one in place.
Jeroen
Let them squirm a little biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.