Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD! 1973 2.0 Bahia Red concours level car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
tod914
Click to view attachment

Beautiful Original Preservation class 1973 Porsche 914 2.0 in Bahia red. 62,500 miles. The car has definetly been pampered over the years. 90% original paint in excellent condition, and a near perfect interior to match. The interior has one tiny pin hole on the center seat cushion. Carpets show some minor wear, some fading on the "Press" seat belt button decals. Dash and door pannels are flawless. Door sills and rocker cover still retain the original rivets. Sills show some very minor scratching. Car has been extensively Concoured since the late 1990s, in CA, TX, PA & NJ. 15 1st place tropheys, one 2nd, and 2 3place. Most of which are from PCA events over the years. All of which go with the car.
Alot has been done to the car since I took possession of it several years ago. I basically put it on jackstands and completely gone through it, over the course of nine months. Cleaning, polishing and waxing every surface with PS21 products. The interior was removed and completely detailed as well. . There is no rust on this car. It also has the factory rubberized undercoating on it. Was a California car most of it's life. Here is a link of the car while being sorted. http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk296/t...%20Bahia%20Red/

So, what has been done? NOS fuel injectors, all new high pressure German rubber fuels lines installed, tank inspected w/new strainer sock & new sender put in. Newly rebuilt fuel pump, new filters, FI clamps cleaned and replated, new fuel pressure regulator, distributor cleaned, lubed, and a new vaccume advance canister put on, engine bay completely detailed, new optima red top 35 battery, and new voltage regular . The brake system; new oem brake lines, Eric Shea calipers, new blue lines, and Portefella pads all around. Oil cooler seals replaced, valves adjusted, new Vredstien 196 65 15 tires, Nos tail light housings and USA lenses, new Hella head lamps and the list goes on and on. Chrome and trim in excellent to perfect condition. Right side sail replaced with a NLA NOS piece. Oil is Brad Penn 15w 40 changed this Spring, Swepco Trans fluid, and ATE brake fluid. Cold compression check was 155 per cyl + or - 5 %, Will post the exact numbers when I find them. I have all the receipts to document the work, if you care to go over them in more detail. Has original tool kit, owner manual, etc. The right side axle was replaced with a NOS one and low milage cvs, due to the outboard boot leaking. I have the origina axlel, as well as a NOS one for the drivers side that go with the car. All the hardware required will also be included. Only other thing that I can think of that it may need, would be to have the original heat exchangers media blasted and repainted. They are showing some minor surface rust. NOS vents and air guide plates were also installed on the car. Most of the original parts were kept and put into a box. They will also go with the car.

The car does have some paint chips and a few minor scratches that were professionally touched up by John Paterek. The tail section between the tail lights was also repainted at some point in time. This was due to the original owner installing a Porsche reflector. It is truely a stunning car. I wouldn't say it's a Parade level car, but it has won 1st in PCA Zone 1 2010, 1st in the Aircooled classic event 2010, and 1st in the New Hope PA car show of 2010. You should do quite well with it in your local events if you elect to show it. People are always amazed at the condition of this car. Without adding up all the numbers, I suspect I have close to $26,000 into the car. Offered at $23,500. Feel free to call if you have any questions. Some goodies go with the car as well. NOS bra like new, fabric dash cover, awards, original parts, etc.

Thanks for looking, Tod tod914@yahoo.com
pete000
Very impressive work, you should win at least one Parade before you sell it. pray.gif

Good luck with the sale, always fun to see such a nice 914 ! pray.gif
tod914
Thankyou for the kind words Pete.
TJB/914
Hi Tod,

Congratulations to the person who buys your 914, It's one of the top cars in the country. Your attention to factory authentic details is beyond us normal people. My advise to someone buying this 914, you can't duplicate this car for the asking price. A sure concourse winner!! pray.gif

Tom
tod914
Thanks for thinking so Tom. Means alot. Had alot of excellent mentors on this site over the years. Including yourself! I think your attention to detail on your resto, far exceeds anything I'll ever do smile.gif
NJ914Guy
Good luck with the sale Todd. She is a beauty and well worth your asking price.

-Chuck

QUOTE(tod914 @ Jul 18 2011, 07:42 AM) *

Thanks for thinking so Tom. Means alot. Had alot of excellent mentors on this site over the years. Including yourself! I think your attention to detail on your resto, far exceeds anything I'll ever do smile.gif

NJ914Guy
BTW if you feel like a drive down to Deptford NJ this weekend, you are more than welcome to put her up on my four post (drive on lift) to get some great undercarriage shots. Just PM or email me at cdavis@adaptivesolutions.com.
Pat Garvey
Tod,
Wish I'd known! Would have doubled up on bahiarot!
Pat
tod914
Wasn't nearly as nice as yours Pat wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.