Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stereo Ideas (Pictures Please!)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Bryan
Howdy! I am planning my stereo move and it is painfully obvious that there is not much room in these cars!! Lol! The Blaupunkt cassette and door mounted 6.5" are on their way to the trash. I am looking at all kinds of options and need imput from the 914 World on their BTDT.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

As you can see in my pics, prior owner outfitted the doors with 6.5", so I am going to continue on with that mounting location with modern speakers installed. There are the diagonal foot pannel speaker boxes, but I just cant take them seriously, unless its for mounting a stand alone tweeter, I guess? Anyone use these for speakers?

Dare I say that I have considered cutting the center floor counsel for mounting speakers? Mine is in perfect condition, and being new to the World, are these valuable and should remain unmolested? I could remove and build a new box, but am also looking for other options.

As far as an amp, well, I guess the front trunk? I could build a vertical mounting platform above the spare tire and route all the lines back into the passenger compartment.

And finally, how about a single subwoofer?java script:emoticon(':lol4:',%20'smid_37')

Any input is greatly appreciated!!

messix
there are many threads that have covered this and we have a member vendor that has a couple of great solutions for you.

the search function just right up there in the gray bar is where you can find all this, it works pretty good.

welcome.png
johannes
Here is the vendor that will save you time ... http://www.914ap.com/products.php
6.5" Speaker Panels + Footwell Sub Box with 8" subwoofer

et voilĂ  !!!!
Mike Bellis
I picked this up from member Jrust. Subwoofer to replace the factory foam passenger toe kick... Easy to build...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
jsayre914
a few of my favorite threads to inspire you. smile.gif

jsayre914

iamchappy post 24

ROD

East Coaster

That should give you somw ideas biggrin.gif
racerbvd
I saw this at a concours 10 years ago...
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
r_towle
I just did a setup on my 911 using only the doors.
I did component speakers using a pre-amped output on the new stereo head unit.
Its a cabriolet, so the criteria for me was USB/External MP3 input.
Sub pre-amp out
speakers pre-amp out.
Cheapest head unit out there...it was just around $100 bucks.
Cheap cause its a cab...and I dont like worrying...I leave the top down...if they need the head unit, there it is.

I put an Amp in the front trunk for a sub, and another amp for the door speakers (seperate tweeters)
I can hear it really well...I cant turn it up to 11 or my ears will bleed.
I can hear it at 80MPH on the highway.
The bass is great.

A 911 cab is alot louder than a 914, so what I just did would work really well in the 914.

Bottom line, spend the money on the speakers...and an amp.
You dont need alot of speakers, just two very high quality component speakers and an amp and it works great.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.