After much debate and deep consideration, I have come to the conclusion that it would be best for me to find this quirky little car a new owner.
It is a 1974 Porsche 914 with the two litre engine. I picked up the car as a running project several years ago, and feel in love with it immediately. Since then, I have put a fair amount of blood, sweat, tears, and cash into it in order to present it how it is today. Though I still have a strong connection to this car, I feel as though I need to switch to something a little more practical than a 70's German sports car. Not to mention I just don't have the time or money to put into this car anymore, as I am a full time student. Alas, recently I made the decision to put an ad for it on craigslist. Though the phrase "my loss is your gain" is overused in the world craigslist, and is actually quite cliche, it is really the only way I can sum up my feelings regarding selling this vehicle. Anyways, I bought this car from it's previous owner several years ago, as I previously said. It was barely running then, so I made several changes:
-I had the engine tuned from top to bottom by High Performance House in redwood city.
-I chucked of the stock exhaust system in exchange for a performance system. This by passed the heat exchangers, so the car no longer has a working heater (The heating system is a joke in these cars if you ask me)
-I had much of the wiring harnesses replaced by C T Automotive in Campbell, which corrected many issues I was having. Just about everything in the car works now.
-I purchased the gorgeous Super Lite wheels a few years back. They put 7" of rubber on every corner, so with the relatively stiff suspension, this Porsche handles like a slot car. Not to mention the tires have plenty of tread left.
-I recently had the alternator replace, as well as all the fluids changed.
-There is plenty more that I did to this car, so feel free to ask any questions.

Now on to the not so great aspects:
-The interior needs a fair amount of work, I gutted the carpet due to its nastiness.
-The weather stripping needs to be replaced in the cabin, this car will take in water in the rain, so I keep in under cover (which of course comes with the car)
-There are some rust areas (trunk and battery area should be noted, as a poor bondo job was done to fix them by the previous owner) I know of a site that sell the panels of this car, should you be interested.
-There are dings and dents in the car from years of use, nothing serious though.
-The paint looks alright, but it was probably done by Macco on a budget. The current color is yellow, however it seems that the original paint was lime green, which is pretty awesome if you ask me. Paint it that color for sure.
-The idle on the engine is a little bit choppy right now. I assume that the fuel injection may need to tuning, or perhaps a valve adjustment is in order. The car does run fine this though.
-Though the car is running, I would not suggest it be used for a long or intense commute until the aforementioned work is done. I drive it everyday to school, but this is a light journey.
-No radio right now.
-There is a crack in the windshield and there is no rear view mirror.

So, that about covers the basics on the car. If you call me or email me, I can certainly provide you with any further information that you might be curious about. Now to the business. I am currently posting this car at $3700.00, which I do believe to be fair. I make this assumption due to the fact that these cars are becoming more rare everyday, it has the sought after 2.0 engine, and I have invested close to $11,000 into it. However, I MAY be incline to negotiate with an individual who is passionate about the car, as it has been my baby for quite a while now. Hopefully this little car can become the weekend cruiser/project car for someone out there.

My name is Brendan and my number is 408-605-9446. Feel free to call, leave a message if I don't answer. You are also welcome to shoot me an email.

Thanks Craigslist.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
View the full article