Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: California SMOG law update
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dmenche914
Thanks to KenH for his posting regarding AB 2683 that would repeal the rolling 30 year exemption for classic car smog tests.

I called everyone of the 12 senators that will be voting Tuesday on this bill. Three indicated they are opposed (yippie!!!) the other 9 senators did not give their opinion on the bill, so we may still have an uphill battle in defeating this bad legislation.

I urge each and everyone of you Californians to call the senators (See KenH's posting, it has all the names and phone numbers listed)

It only took me about 15 minutes to do. I explained I own a classic 1980 Triumph, and that the bill would hurt me, and have minimal impact on smog, as my car is driven rarely, and burns very clean. I also told them that it would hurt the economy, and reduce tax revenue, as the aftermarket, and restoration industry would be hurt, as these classic cars are sold off for scrap, or out of state.

You can also email the senators that are on KenH's list, it is only twelve of them, so please take the time to do this.

I know that this bill will not directly effect 914's, but please consider the plight of owners (and future owners) of "newer' classic cars. Remember this bill will forever fix the the smog exemption date at 1976, think of what it will be like in 2035 when that then to be classic 1977 car, that you or your kids may own will still be required to pass smog, yet you can no longer find the parts, and the car is only driven once and a while.

Please help out, the Bill will be voted on this Tuesday.

thanks dave
Andyrew
I sent each of them an email, and for three of them I got a bounce back automatic email saying that there email boxes are full (I wonder why!!!)...

So. Hopefully they have gotten the message..

Andrew
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.