Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jporsche914
I have a stock 72 and i want a little stiffer suspension. I am planning on running koni yellows and i want a spring with a rate between 100-120 Lbs. I dont know what size spring or what company i should even begin looking at. I want the car to have a lower stance but i dont want to put a adjustable perch i just want the spring to be a little shorter (1- 1.5 inches). Should i buy a linear or progressive spring for a street car maybe a little track racing. What do you guys recomend for me to do??
Thanks alot
ChrisReale
I recommend doing what you said you dont want to do. Put a set of adjustable perches (coil-overs) and get a 125# spring from Hypercoil or Eibach. The Weltmeister jobs only come in 100 or 140, and progressive rated 180's
Brad Roberts
Your only choice is to install the threaded setup. The welt springs are all the same height and the Yellow Koni's dont offer enough room for adjustment. I get the cars down by utilizing a 10inch long 1.5 ID Eibach on threaded collars.

B
campbellcj
B meant to say 2.5" ID springs... smile.gif
Brad Roberts
Umm yeah.. 2.5.. Thanks Chris. Good to know *somebody* is watching my back.

B
jporsche914
What are the length of the stock springs and what rate are they.
seanery
I think stock is 65 lbs. Don't know the length.
jporsche914
Where would i find adjustable perches for the koni yellow shock??
seanery
HPH or Paragon Products are my first choices.
J P Stein
Colman Racing.....37.50 a pop....course they don't have any cool name.....they have cool names also....more uncheeper....bout 50 AIR.
seanery
what a bargain. ohmy.gif
J P Stein
oops ...That's Coleman and they are bout 50 bucks a pop.

link:
http://www.colemanracing.com/section/index.htp?id=870
jporsche914
How long are the 100Lbs Weltmeister springs compared to stock springs.
Brad Roberts
They will be 1.5 inches shorter than stock (typically).

Bite the bullet and step up to the plate. Dont ground out to third.. hit a home run with the threaded setup.

B
Randal
Real men (woman) drivers use threaded adjustable perches.

If you ever want to weight balance the car you'll end up getting it exactly where it belongs.

My gut feel is that weight balancing is probably worth about half to a full second on a 60 second autox course. It makes a lot of sense if you think about it.
jporsche914
This would just be an easy fix until i can afford to get Koni sports shocks with adjustable perches and a nice pair of Coleman 100Lbs spring. I just dont have the money to do that and i dont know when i will. So for right now i just want it to get spring that will lower the car 1.5 inches and have an awsome low stance and i will worry about handeling in a couple of years.
maf914
QUOTE(jporsche914 @ Jul 19 2004, 06:32 PM)
How long are the 100Lbs Weltmeister springs compared to stock springs.

several years ago I replaced the original stock springs with 100# Weltmeister springs and found that the car actually rides higher than with the originals. The originals apparently settled with age. Weltmeister claims a 0.5-1.0" ride height reduction for the 100# springs and an additional 1.0" reduction for the 140# springs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.