Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Product Announcement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jasfsmith
NORTHEAST RALLYE & BBQ

As promised, though with reprisal threats by CFR, (I did not sign any agreements to withhold info on what I saw or heard) I give you a list of in house development projects at Tangerine Racing:

1. Electric powered 914. Chris has a customer that has provided financial support for this effort. I can only assume that the planning stage has been completed as I discovered the tub hidden out of view behind his garage including efforts to disguise it with various enhancements to the shell. Interesting primer color.

2. Direct shift linkage for side shift transmissions. I'm not sure how the inclusion of gears and rubber bands will work, but Chris seems to think that there is a market. Ditto for the tail shift setup which I could only view sketches of.

3. A new and inproved carb control unit. Interesting mix of cables and pulleys. I understand that a key component is the adjustable cable return feature. Optional rubber bands being available for those with a heavy foot.

4. An updated rotessiere version, now available in colors of your choosing. I understand that this is a hot seller. The prototype I saw was dutifully painted in the Gulf orange and blue colors. No price given on the new version though and I'm afraid that it won't be cheap.

5. Tonneau cover anyone? Chris must have come across an old picture of an MG tonneau, and a supply of spring rods. I saw nothing welded (for once). Just a pile of rods and spring clips that honestly looked more like a pile of coat hangers. I was impressed with the fabric samples. Either that, or they were for his couch recovering project. Anyone for a tweet tonneau? Scotchguard waterproofing extra.

6. His dual throttle body D-jet package went over my head. Why would anyone want to have twice the proplem of D-jet. Maybe my 914-4 could be another mule. I'm always looking for something free.

7. New mobile lift system. I was willing to buy one on the spot. The prototype consisted of a flat air bag that secures to the bottom of the chassis, stretch from donaut to donaut fore and aft. Leading edge tucked up under the steering rack protection plate. He wouldn't show me his compressor for the air bag. I suspect that it is proprietary. I did however notice a label on it that said "caution contents under pressure".

8. A few mockups of a venting quarter window. I would guess that the hinging off the windshield post were a failure. The quater glass being serverely cracked and frame/hinges were quite twisted. Three others were quite ingenius (so much so that I have questions about Chris's

9. Now that his flat engine fan has been established as a most have improvement to the type IV engines, he did share his design calcs to gain a corner speed advantage for the professional racer in all of us, with a reverse cooling fan driving pulley. He has solved the transition from pumping the air into the engine for cooling on straights to reversing or sucking the air from the engine to increase to ground affects in the corners. I pointed out that Jim Hall (Chaparral) had done this several years before only to have a retorte that his was better as it does to require a second motor. The bottom engine enclosure was interesting as Chris had a baffle design that directed air rearward during the fan "blow" straightaway function and forward during the cornering to collect air in. I must admit this setup has a chance though the hydraulic lines used for controls look more like used Johnson Control reject units. A final redesign will likely involve cables, pulleys and more ajustable rubber bands.

10. PRE-ANNOUNCEMENT!. A new muffler has been created by Chris that will employ multiple outlets. 914 of them in all. It does reguire foregoing the use of the rear valence, however Chris found that through his patent pending switching exhaust pipe switching system, that he can hook it up to an mp3 plyer and sound like a "real 6". Yes I gave him permission to record mine. Besides it makes a great marshmellow shooter.

11. As a concession to me he has agreed to fabricate something that all "show" car entrants will want. I'm awating the non-discloure agreement to arrive before I apply my pre-patent paperwork to move forward. A glimpse of the product will be on Chris's site shortly.

Now I must admit that I have had some fun with the projects that are in the works at Tangerine Racing, and I will not spill the beans on the status of some of the items (a couple are in pre-production) and several in various stages of design and testing (Chris has a lot of time on his hands).

ejm
I was wondering who took home the left over beer. beerchug.gif
Jasfsmith
QUOTE(ejm @ Jul 18 2011, 12:49 PM) *

I had plenty of time driving home, as yoiu can see. I guess Chris Foley won't comment.

I quess I better wait for the law suit to come. Before I spill any more details...

Andy, will you bail me out?
ejm
QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ Jul 18 2011, 12:59 PM) *

I had plenty of time driving home, as yoiu can see. I guess Chris Foley won't comment.

I quess I better wait for the law suit to come. Before I spill any more details...

Yup... that's where the beer went biggrin.gif
Jasfsmith
QUOTE(ejm @ Jul 18 2011, 01:11 PM) *

Yup... that's where the beer went biggrin.gif

Honest. Chris swore me to secrecy. I'm only giving out a portion of the info because I arrived at the rallye starting point only to be welcomed without any coffee available. That and his wife charged me for use to their toilet at their plantation. I did file a greivance and my money was returned. However I was told to use the portable privy in the future.

Yes, a bit of sunstroke...
ChrisFoley

There is a grain of truth in what you've written James.
The electric 914 is a current project, albeit a long term one.

As for all the talk of rubber bands, the elastic materials I've selected are technically not rubber. Its a good thing I didn't share my materials sources. smoke.gif
Mark Henry
So... I see that my care package of Canada "green" made it through customs OK.

smoke.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Huge waste of time. I've already patented all of those things.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jul 18 2011, 01:25 PM) *

So... I see that my care package of Canada "green" made it through customs OK.

smoke.gif

They never suspected a thing. yellowsleep[1].gif

Click to view attachment
Sparky
Sounds like I missed some epic fun. Sadly I was tackling more house projects... need to retuck and point the entire basement. Though the job is being sped up with the use of a "modified" needle gun. I hope I can make next years at least I'll be driving a German car.
AndyB

James you know that you were sworn to secrecy. I cannot bail you out on this one. You pledged through the patented secret 914 jackstand handshake that you would not say anything. Now I am forced to come up there one day and claim that 6 all for myself. Too bad you were such a nice guy. Oh well at least I will have areally cool car beerchug.gif
Jasfsmith
QUOTE(Scarlet75 @ Jul 20 2011, 05:32 AM) *

James you know that you were sworn to secrecy. I cannot bail you out on this one. You pledged through the patented secret 914 jackstand handshake that you would not say anything. Now I am forced to come up there one day and claim that 6 all for myself. Too bad you were such a nice guy. Oh well at least I will have areally cool car beerchug.gif

No, no, no. ... I had my fingers crossed on my other hand.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.