Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 meets 3/4 ton truck
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TheCabinetmaker
Title says it all. Young driver walks away.
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

I'm hoping there are a few parts to pull.
ripper911
wacko.gif ouch

The car with te black front trunk lid in the first picture looks like what I'm thinking of doing to my car. I'm still not sure, might look a little funny.
SirAndy
ohmy.gif
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Jul 18 2011, 02:55 PM) *

wacko.gif ouch

The car with te black front trunk lid in the first picture looks like what I'm thinking of doing to my car. I'm still not sure, might look a little funny.

We called it the hornet.
flipb
Holy hell, that's pretty terrifying. Glad and slightly amazed that he walked away.

Couple observations:
1. Save those Pedrinis!
2. Hit hard enough to pop out the side marker on the opposite side of the car!
SirAndy
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jul 18 2011, 12:52 PM) *

Did you get the VIN? idea.gif
jsayre914
Dibs on the front hood !!

blink.gif

That is unbelievable, the guy walked away
FourBlades

That is horrible, I hate to see 914s totalled like that.

The driver was lucky to not be hurt...

John
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 18 2011, 02:59 PM) *

QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jul 18 2011, 12:52 PM) *

Did you get the VIN? idea.gif

I got the whole car. He gave it to me, and even paid the tow bill. I'll post vin later Andy.
jsayre914
QUOTE(FourBlades @ Jul 18 2011, 03:59 PM) *

The driver was lucky to not be hurt...

John

He did say driver walked away. No way the driver was uninjured. That would be a miracle.
Jeffs9146
Been there done that!! headbang.gif
TheCabinetmaker
He was not injured. Just some soreness
benalishhero
Yikes blink.gif
KELTY360
We've seen it many times; the 914 is a tough little car when it comes to protecting the passenger cabin.

echocanyons
icon8.gif

Poor 914 sad.gif

I'm glad to hear the owner was unscathed.
jt914-6
That will pound right out..... smash.gif
dlee6204
icon8.gif
Drums66
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jul 18 2011, 01:02 PM) *
I got the whole car. He gave it to me, and even paid the tow bill. I'll post vin later Andy.

......I don't blame him LOL(can he stand still, or still shaking) poke.gif
very fortunate kid!!!
reharvey
Couple days happy11.gif with a hammer and doly and it'll be like new!
luskesq
QUOTE(reharvey @ Jul 18 2011, 02:29 PM) *

and maybe some bondo . . .

keith
patssle
Any story, how did it happen?
bare 1
Amazing he walked away!!! Bet he had a stain in his pants though!!! One very fortunate young man.
TheCabinetmaker
He saw a 4way stop and stoped and went. Unfortunately, it was only a two way stop. Pulled out in front a truck doin 45.
trojanhorsepower
That will buff right out biggrin.gif

Well someone had to say it.

Glad he is OK.
wingnut86
I'll take the side mirrors:-)

Faired a lot better than my 66' Ghia...so many years ago...

BEFORE digital photography.
patssle
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jul 18 2011, 02:32 PM) *

He saw a 4way stop and stoped and went. Unfortunately, it was only a two way stop. Pulled out in front a truck doin 45.

Jeebus. Sounds like the kid was 3 ft from death. Had he pulled out just a tad quicker...

BEFORE digital photography.

What about analog photography? tongue.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jul 18 2011, 03:32 PM) *

I had a guy do the same to me just a couple of days ago ... huh.gif

I was in the 914 and didn't have a stop sign. He was in a brand new corvette and did have a stop sign.
He stops for a moment and then pulls out right in front of me! Never even looked my way.

Lucky for him, there was just enough room to hit the gas and get around him. I hope my honking horn woke him up ...
dry.gif
NORD
QUOTE(luskesq @ Jul 18 2011, 02:57 PM) *

QUOTE(reharvey @ Jul 18 2011, 02:29 PM) *

and maybe some bondo . . .

keith

It sure isn't going to buff out To bad, Lucky guy
scotty b
Holy crap sad.gif This is clearly NOT the year of the 914. This is 2 or 3 already this year confused24.gif
Cairo94507
A moment of silence please; that car gave its life to save the owner.
saigon71
WOW!

Can't believe the kid walked away from that.
SGB
Car: sad.gif

Driver: smile.gif

He gets a chance to not do that again...
hot_shoe914
Giving me creamsicle flashback! blink.gif Wasn't a 3/4 ton truck but a Camaro that was doing about 70mph according to witnesses.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Pat Garvey
Man! Wish I were young again. Wouldn't have hurt so much.

Sad, sad shame that another VIN has bought the farm. Please register it as "retired".
Pat
JeffBowlsby
Ouch...but I noticed a couple things:

Someone got the coveted 914 hood badge....oooohhhh
The late door beams probably saved this guy.
What 914 part could this be in the front trunk????
Jeffs9146
Front bumper of the other car!!

Badge is probably sitting on the curb somewhere!
dion9146
Definition of the crumple zone!
Woodside914
Poor 914

agree.gif

And, the poor (and very lucky) kid that walked away!

That's the problem I've encountered lately with 914's....they're small & low, and folks driving SUV's & trucks just don't see them very well, especially when distracted with cell phones, etc... I almost got T-Boned just last week by some knucklehead who decided to cross all lanes with traffic, while he's shooting outta the gas station. Fortunately my nimble 914 weaved around him in time!!

Here's another wrecked 914 seen on the internet from somewhere(?)
scotty b
QUOTE(Woodside914 @ Jul 19 2011, 12:31 PM) *

Poor 914

agree.gif

And, the poor (and very lucky) kid that walked away!

That's the problem I've encountered lately with 914's....they're small & low, and folks driving SUV's & trucks just don't see them very well, especially when distracted with cell phones, etc... I almost got T-Boned just last week by some knucklehead who decided to cross all lanes with traffic, while he's shooting outta the gas station. Fortunately my nimble 914 weaved around him in time!!

Here's another wrecked 914 seen on the internet from somewhere(?)

2 Google searches netted this. although by the looks of it that pic is at least 20 years old

http://www.losangeles-ca.co/california/los...3)583-8941.aspx
Jeffs9146
edit...never mind
Tom_T
The Porsche designers' & engineers' crumple zone at work saving passengers in all of these... blink.gif
....especially considering the differences in mass & momentum in all of these pictured wrecks with larger/heavier/faster vehicles! dry.gif

I just had a "just missed" incident Monday night, but a big ole Mule Deer Doe outside of Wickenberg on US60 jumping out as I was driving my son's Honda Civic back to him in NY! yikes.gif

God thing I was already slowing down from 55 to 45 by that point already, as she just jumped out from the brush then stopped dead in the middle of my lane & stared me down - daring me to get by, which I did by swerving around behind her on the shoulder! driving.gif

Hey Curt, I'm down in Sallisaw now thru Sunday, then leave on for the next leg to Indianapolis on Monday. I got in late Tues nite - so if it happened down south, I may have seen what seemed to be a wreck off I-40 by Muskogee Tpk coming in!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.