Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oh CRAP! Here I go again. . .
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
aircooledtechguy
My Dad, of all people, called me Friday with a lead on a possible deal on a 914 that was passed to him by a friend. Really odd considering he's not really a car-guy per se . . .

It's a '73 916 clone. Of course, it's not perfect and does need some tweeking in lots of areas, but nothing major that I saw. At the price, I just could NOT pass it up. aktion035.gif driving.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
KELTY360
What's the powerplant? 1.8 with single progressive carb and hydraulic lifters? shades.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jul 18 2011, 03:29 PM) *
What's the powerplant? 1.8 with single progressive carb and hydraulic lifters? shades.gif

av-943.gif

Now, get some longer wheel studs in the front, add a 1" or 2" spacers and get them flares filled out nicely!

bye1.gif
Tom
Isn't that the one with the matching trailer. V8?
Nice!
Tom
NORD

NICE Bring it over and we will take it to a Autocross driving.gif

Or a mountain drive. road is clear to Heather Medows.
PanelBilly
We got the pictures for the thread, now how about some details
aircooledtechguy
Kelty; How'd ya guess!! lol-2.gif

No, it's got a new 2.0L(??)(they guy was not sure of the displacement as he's a hot-rodder and the car was his wifes). That's what it feels like, though it's got a 2.2L badge on the engine lid. I believe it has a fan seal leak so I left it at my fathers house until next weekend when I'll have my dolly. It's running dual Webers. It's out of tune and popped and snapped a but when I test drove it, but had good power.

It's not quite ready for prime-time, but it's all there and not in need of a rotisserie so. . . It needs some mechanical perfecting and tweeking, but that's no problem; I expect that in a near 40 y/o car.

Unlike my really original '75, I don't feel like I can't do stuff to this one, so originality be damned. When I get this one in good reliable condition, I'm going to have to decide what I can keep and what gets sent down the road.

Once I get it home to my shop and up on the lift, I can get a better idea about some of the stuff it has and what it needs. I do like the center console for sure; comfy (nice arm rest in the correct position), functional and doesn't get in the way of my leg or foot.
76-914
Nice Nate smilie_pokal.gif I like the part about originality with the '75 but this time.............. It's a blank pallet. Show us your stuff smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
moparrob
Congrats. It looks like a nice project to start with.

My personal preference would be black top, black sail panels, black upholstery and black wheel centers.

Oh wait, that's my car...

IPB Image
JRust
Looks like it should be in my barn idea.gif . I can't believe I missed it headbang.gif . I'm losing my touch
championgt1
QUOTE(JRust @ Jul 18 2011, 08:12 PM) *

Looks like it should be in my barn idea.gif . I can't believe I missed it headbang.gif . I'm losing my touch

av-943.gif
914werke
Nice, looks clean and perhaps.. LOUD~?
Are the flares FG?
mtn flyr
Hey............don't forget about that blue one in your shop!! poke.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.