Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parade 2011 Savannah, GA - who's going?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
naro914
how many 914's will be there?

It's gonna be HOT!!

We're taking Huey. We installed the Cool Shirt system from Papa Smurf, with a 'Y' hose attachment that allows the cold water to run to BOTH driver AND passenger!!

Who's coming???
J P Stein
I talked to Leeds Gulick Sunday. He mentioned he was going to the GA Parade(bout a 2700 mile tow) ....just to keep the AX guys honest (he also has other duties). His white 914 is quick and has 2 TTODs in a row at Parade. I asked him "If you get 3 in a row do they retire the trophy?" biggrin.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jul 19 2011, 11:21 AM) *

I talked to Leeds Gulick Sunday. He mentioned he was going to the GA Parade(bout a 2700 mile tow) ....just to keep the AX guys honest (he also has other duties). His white 914 is quick and has 2 TTODs in a row at Parade. I asked him "If you get 3 in a row do they retire the trophy?" biggrin.gif

I live in Beaufort, SC . about 30 miles from savannah, and i am hoping to get there for a few things but don't know yet, due to d-jet issues dry.gif i am waiting on a Bowlsby wiring harness that should be here this week, and am awaiting my new intake runners, t.b. - just got the seals and gaskets yesterday, so next week should be able to get a couple hours of work on it - will be cutting it close! i had vac leaks and couldnt get a steady idle, so hoping this will take care of it.

look for a metalic copper 75 2.0- we dont have many teeners down here so would be great to meet some other east coasters!!

phil

look for this car------
see pic
ripper911
When is it?
ripper911
Double post!!!

rolleyes.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Jul 20 2011, 02:29 PM) *

When is it?

July 31- aug 6 in savannah ga.
GeorgeRud
If you're anywhere close to the Parade area, I'd recommend at least try to go to see the concours. You will be amazed at the cars being displayed, and even the car corral (for folks that just want to show their cars but not participate in the event) is a great place to visit.

If it's anything like last year's Parade in Chicago, you'll find it worth the drive to see the cars.
Al Meredith
Bob, I'll be attending the entire event. I intend to drive the Boxter as it is ACed. I would love to bring the "gulf blue" 914 but thought August in Savannah would suit the Air Conditioned car and me better. See you there. Al
naro914
QUOTE(Al Meredith @ Jul 20 2011, 06:12 PM) *

Bob, I'll be attending the entire event. I intend to drive the Boxter as it is ACed. I would love to bring the "gulf blue" 914 but thought August in Savannah would suit the Air Conditioned car and me better. See you there. Al

Wuss... WTF.gif

smile.gif
racerbvd
I'll be there 1st thru the 3rd, staying at the Savannah Marriott Riverfront, signed up for Porsche Concours Banquet & Mobil 1 Rally Awards Party. The Six won't be ready for the Concours (the engine is) so I won't be entering that, but will be taking lots of notes & in light of resent health issues, I desided entering the auto-x.. sad.gif
RON S.

Me and my grand daughter are gonna try to go down there on Saturday. I'm going to take her to Roebling to let her watch the DE event that day.
That is if the rocket doesn't run hot getting there.

I gotta warn everyone that it is HOTTTT!!!here. Be prepared to roast. We're livin through near 100 degree days with 100% daily humidity levels. The heat seems to have no end in sight.

I hope it'll be a good time for all though.

Ron
Jake Raby
I was all for setting up at this event until I saw they had planned it in August... I spent August at Parris Island, 30 miles away from Savannah once upon a time and want NO PART of that again!

racerbvd
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jul 22 2011, 04:51 AM) *

I was all for setting up at this event until I saw they had planned it in August... I spent August at Parris Island, 30 miles away from Savannah once upon a time and want NO PART of that again!

Thank-you for your service.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.