Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: European Concourse at Lake Laguna, San Lois Obispo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bee Jay
Here are pictures from Sunday if you are interested:
http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g33/Beej...0Lake%20Laguna/
Bee Jay
jim_hoyland
Thanks for sharing smile.gif I like the appearance of the headlights mounted in the bumper on the green car.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 19 2011, 04:48 AM) *

Thanks for sharing smile.gif I like the appearance of the headlights mounted in the bumper on the green car.

They may look good, but they're in no way street legal anywhere in the US, and the turn signals couldn't look more like an afterthought if the guy tried.

The Cap'n
76-914
Not me. That "head on" shot makes it look like a Citreon.
VegasRacer
The lights might not be to my taste, but that 575 Teal car is a real GT. wub.gif
914itis
The lights makes it look like a BMW
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jul 19 2011, 09:19 PM) *

The lights might not be to my taste, but that 575 Teal car is a real GT. wub.gif

"Real GT"s come with a hood like that, no turn signal/running lights, and no headlights? I'm not a 914/6 GT expert, but I don't think so.

The Cap'n
SirAndy
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jul 19 2011, 09:55 PM) *
I'm not a 914/6 GT expert

Apparently not as this car is in fact a real GT ... biggrin.gif

Last i heard the owner was going to put it back to a more period correct look. It looks like he already got rid of the butt ugly "whale tail" spoiler it used to have.

shades.gif
SirAndy
Here 'ya go:

VIN: 9140431258

The original color was canary yellow.
It's a factory built custom race car for MAHAG, a german car dealer.

The car in question(9140431258) has been active in PCA and POC auto crossing and time triling since 1976. It was owned by Ron And Barbara Webb from 76 until 01. They, my wife and I towed together and raced for many years. They and it then retired to Utah. The pictures on STAZAK's sight were taken there when it had been sitting in a garage for 4 years after Ron's death. It was verrry dirty but no rust.
It will receive PCA Zone 8, 1st place trophies for concourse, time trile and Auto-crossing for last year. Enough of concouring and racing at the same time.
The tail was something Ron tried and I have left it as he had it, although it slows it down at the California Speedway and other long tracks. I may have to remedy that. I have the original deck lid.

"Sold 24/07/70 (July 24th 1970) by the Germen dealer MAHAG where it was service through 1971. It was imported to the USA in 1972 and was at the Wester Porsche/ Audi Dealership in Monterey Ca.
Dr. Marvin Taves of Reno Nv. owned and raced the car until it showed up for sale on consignment at Beverly Hills Porsche in 1977.
Ron & Barbara Webb purchased it at that time and successfully time triled and auto crossed it with PCA & POC for many years until retiring to Richfield Utah in 1992. Upon Ronís death in 98 it was stored until I aquired it November 2002.
The headlight treatment is thought to have been done by the German stylist Glocker. A similar work, with picture, is attributed to him in the book ìDas Grosse VW-Porsche Buchî.
If anyone has any additional information Please contact me. Greg Fullmer"

=========================
ad from December 1971

IPB Image

-----
7/70, 8900 km, 187 PS
converted front, double headlights and turn signals in front bumper,
adapted front hood, fender flares, 6" and 7" alloys,
wheel spacers, diff lock, special seats, both adjustable,
sport exhaust, front oil cooler, swaybars, S-brakes,
UKW radio including stereo tape,
special colour light blue metallic, Porsche script
price new: DM 58,000 (about USD 37,500)

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.