Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Original Colors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Russ K
Hey, anyone happen to know stats on how many 914's were roduced in each of the original colors?

I'm generally curious, but I also have a friend that insists red, black and white are the top 3. I'm sure he's wrong as the oranges and yellows appear to be more prevalent. (no money riding on it.. yet! wink.gif )

My car's a mid-80's white re-paint (thanks miami vice finger.gif ) ...and i still insist there weren't many white sports cars in the 70's. Am i completely off base?

Dont get the wrong impression by the smiliey-finger.. I actually like my white 914... however, as far as sports-cars go, i dont think its the flashy-est thing out there. whens the last time you saw a white Murcielago?
anthony
White, to me, seems like a common 914 color. Black seems pretty rare.
JeffBowlsby
There are no stats on how many cars were built in each color. Bu the color guide gives a clue as to which may have been more popular:

http://homepage.mac.com/markd/914/colors.html

Black was offered every year, but was at additional cost.

White was a standard color and offered every year. There are a lot of white cars around.

Silver was offered every year...additional cost??? Anthony, help...

Signal Orange offered through 74, with Nepal in 75-6, standard colors.

Red...which red...there are several different reds...
anthony
I don't know if silver cost extra but the basic problem with silver paint (at least the old stuff) is that it easily oxidizes. Finding a silver car with original paint is probably next to impossible unless the car sat in a museum.
SirAndy
more paint info here ...

http://www.all914.com/914club/tech/paint.html
GWN7
White is a popular re-paint colour. It hides imperfections in body work a lot better than darker colours and I have been told it is a popular choice in warmer climates because of the heat absorption factor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.