914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
p914
Anybody know ?
Tx
E
StratPlayer
http://www.pap-parts.com/products.asp?dept=1259
TheCabinetmaker
Any Porsche or VW dealer near you, or bug shop should have them. Be sure to get the crush washer for the nut too.
Drums66
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Jul 19 2011, 10:37 AM) *

popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
p914
Thanks folks. Couldn't find the right size at NAPA
Cap'n Krusty
I would be immensely surprised if any VW or Porsche dealer in the US had T4 sump gaskets or kits in stock. They don't stock parts for cars that are 10 years old, much less 28 (or 35, in the case of Porsche).

The Cap'n

Dave_Darling
All of your favorite mail-order Porsche outfits will have them. Most places that cater to aircooled VWs will as well; ask for a Type IV sump kit. Usually has two gaskets and one crush washer. One gasket goes between the strainer and the crankcase, the other between the cover and the strainer.

--DD
p914
Thanks for that info. I did find a place in town. A small VW repair place that stocked them. The stuff I saw online had ones that were too large that were for other models although they said they fit 914s.
Drums66
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 19 2011, 10:55 PM) *

All of your favorite mail-order Porsche outfits will have them. Most places that cater to aircooled VWs will as well; ask for a Type IV sump kit. Usually has two gaskets and one crush washer. One gasket goes between the strainer and the crankcase, the other between the cover and the strainer.

--DD

Yeah..Yeah...Ya....I 2nd that!!! of course idea.gif
smoke.gif bye1.gif
markb
bye1.gif
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jul 19 2011, 04:28 PM) *

I would be immensely surprised if any VW or Porsche dealer in the US had T4 sump gaskets or kits in stock. They don't stock parts for cars that are 10 years old, much less 28 (or 35, in the case of Porsche).

The Cap'n

Surprise! I get a lot of stuff for my 914 at the local Tulsa Okiehoma VW dealer. Guess they are just more up to date on the left coast? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.