Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Footage from my race this past weekend
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
vintage914racer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbu2AiI8-QY
ChrisFoley
Looks like fun.
I'm still hoping to race at RA one of these days.
Randal
QUOTE(vintage914racer @ Jul 19 2011, 01:39 PM) *

Great video. Thanks.

You guys are hauling out there!
stewteral

Hey Vintage914racer,

From an Old SCCA driver: nice smooth driving! I liked that you got faster and started using the curbs as you went (if it doesn't upset the car, they make a wider radius....so why not?).

I was very annoyed by all the BLOCKING going on out there, not what I call sportsmanship. I'm glad you passed them!

BTW: My last SCCA car was a datsun 510 and at 1830 lbs with 220 HP (L18=1800)
and the roadster close ratio 5 speed, you didn't have much of a chance. The car I built would run between 6000 and 8000 RPM every lap, but I'm sure a professional engine builder would have it spinning to 9000 and making more HP. Your only weapon was superior aerodynamics.

I'd love to see more of your outs,

Terry
vintage914racer
QUOTE(stewteral @ Jul 21 2011, 01:26 PM) *

Hey Vintage914racer,

From an Old SCCA driver: nice smooth driving! I liked that you got faster and started using the curbs as you went (if it doesn't upset the car, they make a wider radius....so why not?).

I was very annoyed by all the BLOCKING going on out there, not what I call sportsmanship. I'm glad you passed them!

and the roadster close ratio 5 speed, you didn't have much of a chance. The car I built would run between 6000 and 8000 RPM every lap, but I'm sure a professional engine builder would have it spinning to 9000 and making more HP. Your only weapon was superior aerodynamics.

Terry

Thanks for the kind words. There was definitely a lot of blocking this weekend, one guy blocked me for about 3 laps even though I am 10 seconds a lap quicker!

I have some video of my other race that I'll try to post sometime soon.
Congrats... very smooth driving and I'm happy to see some are enjoying their ride.
brant
if you don't mind.

what camera and microphone are you using

nice video!
vintage914racer
QUOTE(brant @ Jul 24 2011, 06:03 AM) *

if you don't mind.

what camera and microphone are you using

I use a GoPro HD with the standard built in microphone
john rogers
Great video of the practice race. Your car is pretty stout to be able to keep up with those 2.5L sedans for sure! I was happy to see that orange #171 car racing as I raced against it out here for many years. Jim Patrick of Phoenix built it for the owner and the guy's wife got it for him as a Christmas present, lots of $$$$$$ as the tub was dipped, welded, etc. I imagine Wayne Baker had a large contingent of cars there as he usually travels in a loop doing a bunch of vintages races with 6 or 8 cars.
stewteral
QUOTE(vintage914racer @ Jul 23 2011, 07:24 PM) *

QUOTE(stewteral @ Jul 21 2011, 01:26 PM) *

Hey Vintage914racer,

Terry

Thanks for the kind words. There was definitely a lot of blocking this weekend, one guy blocked me for about 3 laps even though I am 10 seconds a lap quicker!

I have some video of my other race that I'll try to post sometime soon.

Hey Vintage914racer,

I had a guy hold me up in the corners and then out-drag me on the straights for 3 laps at Streets of Willow and I was ready to get "Primeval on his Ass." It was just stupid discourteous driving on his part. Finally at the "Bowl" I dove under him and then moved up in front to be sure to block his acceleration off the corner. After that, I never saw him again as his disappeared in the mirrors.

There seem to be a few who always show up: Big Ego, Tiny Cajones, who muck it up for the real drivers.

Best of luck, next time out,

Terry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.