Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pittsburgh Grand Prix 2011
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
Anyone going to this? Bud, my local friend, hooked me up two tickets and I have no one to go with sad2.gif I may just not go, but Porsche is the Marque this year smile.gif
http://pittsburgh.about.com/od/events/p/grand_prix.htm
cre440
Tickets? I'm pretty sure it’s free. I have been to the event at Schenley Park a few times in years past, unfortunately I'm not going to make it this year. It's a good event, great location, usually a really good mix of cars... where some comfortable walking shoes and pray the weather cooperates!
kkid
That was one of the coolest auto event I've ever gone. I went there in 2005 and 2006 when I lived near Schenley Park. Saw many 356 race cars. It was free at that time.
Tom_T
Nice offer Mike!
I'm also glad I don't have to stare at your nekked Mr. Kleen avatar anymore! biggrin.gif

Unfortunately I'll still be here in Sallisaw OK this weekend for biz and other stuff here, en-route driving my son's car back to him where he's posted at Ft. Drum NY. Next week I have to take care of some biz in Indianapolis. So my meticulously planned trip misses it! sad.gif

However, I'll be stopping in PGH at the first of Aug for a couple of days to visit my Aunt and for some biz along the way. I'll give you a shout when I know my schedule there, to see if you want to grab a beer, meal, coffee, etc.

You're still in Mt. Washington? confused24.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Tom_T
PS - GO!! .... even if you have to grab a kid from the neighborhood to go with! biggrin.gif

You'll enjoy the event, as it's great! driving.gif
Dr Evil
I am in Washington 15301, not Mt. Washington.
Tom_T
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 21 2011, 04:00 PM) *

I am in Washington 15301, not Mt. Washington.

Yeah, I don't know why I keep calling it Mt. W - just old I guess! lol-2.gif
My Great Aunt used to call it that, so I guess I kept up the family misnomer tradition! wacko.gif

I grew up up 79 in Bridgeville & Dormont, before we moved to San Diego in `63.

I'll be staying with my Aunt over in Swissvale while in town, and will probably be driving by Washington on I-70/I-79 on my way over from Indy early the week of 8/1.

I'd like to hear if there is much of a 914 turnout at the GP.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.