Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS-- 914-6/911 M Caliper Upgrade Aluminum Calipers 3"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
hwgunner
I have a set of Brembo Aluminum 3" bolt space calipers available. $599.00 shipped (plus tax in CA). These are a great Bolt On M caliper upgrade. Fresh rebuild by PMB and come with the hardware. I also have pads available if you want, from Porterfield to Pagid to Raybestos.
Click to view attachment
hwgunner
another
hwgunner
beerchug.gif
hwgunner
beer.gif
markb
drooley.gif
AZ914
Jonathan, can you fill us in on what constitutes the upgrade (besides being gorgeous)? Is it the 3" spacing with the 3.5" standard pad area, or similar?

Thx!
hwgunner
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Jul 22 2011, 06:09 PM) *

Jonathan, can you fill us in on what constitutes the upgrade (besides being gorgeous)? Is it the 3" spacing with the 3.5" standard pad area, or similar?

Thx!

Basically, it is almost the same pad as the 911 Aluminum S Caliper, 2mm shorter, but has a 3" bolt spacing so it bolts up to early 911 and 914/6 struts (M caliper struts). It is also much lighter. beerchug.gif
AZ914
Thanks! Considering...
hwgunner
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Jul 22 2011, 08:38 PM) *

Thanks! Considering...

Eric has a great write up on his sight.
hwgunner
icon_bump.gif
AZ914
If I wasn't in the middle of my conversion and emptying my wallet on a daily basis, I'd be all over these... Maybe my next go around...

icon_bump.gif
tradisrad
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Jul 22 2011, 08:43 PM) *

Thanks! Considering...

I went to Eric's site and I could not find the write up on the brakes. May you provide a link? These may be cool on my '70
hwgunner
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Aug 3 2011, 06:38 AM) *

If I wasn't in the middle of my conversion and emptying my wallet on a daily basis, I'd be all over these... Maybe my next go around...

icon_bump.gif

Emptying your wallet daily? I haven't heard from you in a couple days! poke.gif
hwgunner
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Aug 3 2011, 07:26 AM) *

QUOTE(hwgunner @ Jul 22 2011, 08:43 PM) *

Thanks! Considering...

I went to Eric's site and I could not find the write up on the brakes. May you provide a link? These may be cool on my '70

Coppied from Eric (tell me if you want me to remove this Eric) in brownish

I get so excited about this stuff…

I guess it goes back to the years when I remember having a 911 with the lowly T-struts (which I actually love now). I remember searching high and low for a caliper upgrade but around every corner there was no true bolt on upgrade for the 3" spacing.

Although I no longer have any cars with the 3" struts, I finally found a "real" upgrade, a "real" bolt on solution that meets my entire criterion for an acceptable swap from the stock M-Caliper.

Here's the low-down: These Brembos have a 3" bolt spacing and the exact same offset as the M-Caliper. This means they'll simply bolt right on. When I say bolt on I mean... all the way. They even fit with the standard dust shields. The fluid inlet is aimed right up at the tab on the strut for a direct in.

They have the same 48mm piston as the M-Caliper, S-Caliper and the later A-Caliper. What's cool about this is, they are the later "cup" type piston with no knock-back mechanism to deal with. The cup design offers better cooling with much more surface area than the standard M and S-Caliper pistons. Also nice is the fact that this won't throw off your fluid dynamics with your current Master Cylinder. Again, Bolt on!

The pad size is much larger than the M-Caliper pad. They are the same width as the A and S-Caliper pads but not as tall... (only slightly, like 2mm or so). If anyone is familiar with the BMW 320i pad size, these are the same. Another nicety, as I mentioned that these add up in all areas as a true bolt-on upgrade is; with this basic pad size (which has been proven with the S-Caliper and A-Caliper) there is no over stress of the standard 20mm rotor which obviously lived on all 911's through 1983.

They weigh in a full 4lbs lighter than the M-Caliper so there goes a good chunk of un-sprung weight (yes, they're aluminum!). Did I say "Bolt on upgrade!"?

You simply take your M-Calipers off and stick them on the shelf (in a plastic bag of course) for posterity sake, bolt these on, bleed the system (you know you should do that this year anyway) and you'd be good to go!

These calipers are sold on an "As-Available" basis. Here's what you get:

Freshly anodized caliper cores (clear or black available).
Freshly plated fasteners.
New seal kits and caliper ½ seals throughout.
Pistons reconditioned with new heat resistant paint
beerchug.gif
AZ914
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Aug 3 2011, 09:24 AM) *

icon_bump.gif

biggrin.gif Sorry, Jonathan.. I should probably have called you on some other parts. I have just about everything, minus some fuel line, battery, and a couple of -AN fittings. I do remember spending about 1300 with ya though! driving.gif

That gives you first.gif !
hwgunner
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Aug 3 2011, 01:11 PM) *

QUOTE(hwgunner @ Aug 3 2011, 09:24 AM) *

icon_bump.gif

biggrin.gif Sorry, Jonathan.. I should probably have called you on some other parts. I have just about everything, minus some fuel line, battery, and a couple of -AN fittings. I do remember spending about 1300 with ya though! driving.gif

That gives you first.gif !

I know. I remember. Just a little kidding. You are first.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.