Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Upcoming Roadtrip from Memphis to Seattle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Daiberl
Hello,

since the LE is nearly done and I can drive the car I decided that I need a new challenge. I bought a 1983 911SC Cabriolet in Memphis, TN, and I plan to pick up the car on the 28th and rive it all the way to Seattle. The car is mechanically in good shape, will get fresh service and oil before I start, but needs some paintwork and the interior needs to be done (carpets, seats). I plan to drive from Memphis via Kansas City, Sioux Falls, Rapid City, Bozeman, to Seattle. If someone lives close to this route would be great to get your contact information, you never know what happens (and AAA is only towing the first 200 miles smile.gif )

- Juergen
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Jul 19 2011, 09:45 PM) *

Hello,

since the LE is nearly done and I can drive the car I decided that I need a new challenge. I bought a 1983 911SC Cabriolet in Memphis, TN, and I plan to pick up the car on the 28th and rive it all the way to Seattle. The car is mechanically in good shape, will get fresh service and oil before I start, but needs some paintwork and the interior needs to be done (carpets, seats). I plan to drive from Memphis via Kansas City, Sioux Falls, Rapid City, Bozeman, to Seattle. If someone lives close to this route would be great to get your contact information, you never know what happens (and AAA is only towing the first 200 miles smile.gif )

- Juergen

I am in Memphis. I would ask if you bought Shane's car but it was headed to Jersey I believe. Need me to drive it out to you? I love a good road trip!

Shoe
Daiberl
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jul 20 2011, 01:27 PM) *

Hello,

- Juergen

I am in Memphis. I would ask if you bought Shane's car but it was headed to Jersey I believe. Need me to drive it out to you? I love a good road trip!

Shoe

Hi Shoe,

it's Shane's car smile.gif , seems like the deal with Jersey didn't work out and I was able to get the car. Looking forward to drive it to Seattle. I'm now covered in Spokane and Kansas City thanks to Rohar and DarrenG.

- Juergen

- Juergen
KELTY360
There's a guy in Mitchell, SD named Jonathon who really helped out one of our guys earlier this Spring. If you have problems between Souix Falls and Rapid City you should give him a call. Hell if you end up stopping for gas in Mitchell you should look him up; sounds like a great guy.

Import Motors
1104 West Havens Avenue
Mitchell, SD 57301-3833
(605) 990-2770

Rescue in Mitchell, SD

Have a great trip.
IronHillRestorations
I'm an hour (in the wrong direction - due east) of Jackson, too bad. If there's anything I can do, let me know.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(9146986 @ Jul 20 2011, 05:05 PM) *

I'm an hour (in the wrong direction - due east) of Jackson, too bad. If there's anything I can do, let me know.

Shane lives in Jackson. I'm guessing he is flying into Memphis and meeting Shane there. I was going to help Shane deliver it to Va. to meet the guy from Jersey. I guess this is why I didn't get the call to go to Va.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Jul 20 2011, 03:59 PM) *

Hello,

- Juergen

Shoe

Hi Shoe,

it's Shane's car smile.gif , seems like the deal with Jersey didn't work out and I was able to get the car. Looking forward to drive it to Seattle. I'm now covered in Spokane and Kansas City thanks to Rohar and DarrenG.

- Juergen

- Juergen

Let me know when you are going to be in Memphis, maybe we can grab a bite to eat or something. You bought yourself a nice sound car. I brought back struts from Hershey for it last year. Have been on many drives with Shane. Was really susprised he actually sold it, that was his baby.
Daiberl
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jul 20 2011, 08:18 PM) *

Hello,

- Juergen

Shoe

Hi Shoe,

- Juergen

- Juergen

Let me know when you are going to be in Memphis, maybe we can grab a bite to eat or something. You bought yourself a nice sound car. I brought back struts from Hershey for it last year. Have been on many drives with Shane. Was really susprised he actually sold it, that was his baby.

I plan to arrive in Memphis at 6:00 PM on the 28th, meet Shane at the airport, and then immediately hit the road and drive for a few hours. Shane told me that one of his PCA friends will meet him at the airport and will drive him back home. I think the car was in good hands from my talks with Shane and I love the color.
Ian Stott
Is Moncton too far out of your way? First beer is on me and we could go eat fresh lobsters on the wharf in Shediac!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Jul 20 2011, 10:56 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jul 20 2011, 08:18 PM) *

Hello,

- Juergen

Shoe

Hi Shoe,

- Juergen

- Juergen

I plan to arrive in Memphis at 6:00 PM on the 28th, meet Shane at the airport, and then immediately hit the road and drive for a few hours. Shane told me that one of his PCA friends will meet him at the airport and will drive him back home. I think the car was in good hands from my talks with Shane and I love the color.

We will be having the SCCA meeting the 28th at 6:30 pm at a delicious pizza place. You should stop in and say hi. The pizza will be on me.
JRust
Thats the Eggplant/Aubergine color right ? Looks great biggrin.gif . I'd take Shoe up on his offer of Pizza. I can't pass on pizza drooley.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(JRust @ Jul 21 2011, 06:17 PM) *

Thats the Eggplant/Aubergine color right ? Looks great biggrin.gif . I'd take Shoe up on his offer of Pizza. I can't pass on pizza drooley.gif

This is the pizza place Elvis used to hang out at. Their pizza is very very good. We now have all our SCCA gerneral and Board meetings scheduled there. beerchug.gif chowtime.gif
Daiberl
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jul 21 2011, 04:25 PM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Jul 21 2011, 06:17 PM) *

This is the pizza place Elvis used to hang out at. Their pizza is very very good. We now have all our SCCA gerneral and Board meetings scheduled there. beerchug.gif chowtime.gif

Can you PM me the address and I might stop by, a pizza sounds like a good idea before starting the long trip.

- Juergen
Daiberl
QUOTE(JRust @ Jul 21 2011, 04:17 PM) *

Color is Ruby Red Metallic, interior is Grey Beige. I will try to take Shoe up on the offer for a pizza smile.gif

How is the LE running, were you able to take it out for a drive?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.