Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Show me pictures of your -6 oil line from tank to engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
siverson
Looking for some tips... show me pictures of your -6 oil line from tank to engine. Ideally with a 3.6 and headers with heat exchangers. smile.gif

For years I've ran a -12 braided hose wrapped in some sort of heat sheild wrap from the tank, *right above* the headers/heat exchanger, and then into the engine. Unfortunately, I don't see any alternative. The 3.6 is really tight next to the suspension console.

I'd love to see some photos with a better solution than mine...

-Steve
siverson
I found a photo of my current line from several years ago.

siverson
This one is better...

(and yes, I've fixed the clutch lever since this was taken... smile.gif )

-Steve

jcambo7
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
siverson
That's cheating. smile.gif (non-factory oil tank)
jcambo7
Well you weren't specific on stock or non stock. And you're looking for ideas right. I actually am not the one that did this. They PO did.
siverson
This is the line I'm looking to see how others installed...

PRS914-6
OK, here you go....3.6 with headers (sorry no heat exchangers)and stock oil tank. Unless the rear arm is fully extended (on the rack) there is enough clearance between the arm and the headers for the oil line to go between. When fully extended there is only about 1/2" clearance. No issues so far.....

The fitting on the tank....
Click to view attachment

Routing....
Click to view attachment

Suspension fully extended.....
Click to view attachment
siverson
Thanks. That's help. That's basically how I had mine, but it's much tighter with the headers.

Here's another idea. I can route the line up by the valve cover, which is probably best for heat, but the oil will have to travel ~6" then back down. Bad idea? Any thoughts?

-Steve
siverson
Something like this... (the car is apart now)... ?

siverson
siverson
siverson
siverson
Bump. Any other thoughts? Ok to run up then down?

-Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.