In early 2009 I bought this engine for $2,550 from an engineer // mechanic in Washington DC who specialized in race car engines. The goal was to put this 914 Porsche engine into my 77 VW Bus. The engine has sat in my VW bus & mechanic shops ever since. It now sits in a shop close to the Loop Lounge in Passaic, NJ.

I have documented email correspondence of the making & sales of the engine to me, plus the engine builders address, & his phone #.

quoted from emails----
"hydraulic lifter 2.0L longblock with All new parts.... This motor will only have the case and crank rebuilt and everything else is new. My turn-around right now is at 4-6 weeks as I have four projects in the development stage for some of my regular racing clients."

For $3,000 ---- I'll throw in my VW CAMPER BUS ((BODY // bad engine)) which has its own stong & weak points,
good= new tires//ball joints// steering is good //no floor rust//interior is all there
bad= engine&trans are out// engine is bad, trans might be fine// some rust on back hatch door//needs new sliding door catch((cheap))

here are pics of the engine & the VW bus...

CALL//TEXT//EMAIL if interested!
Tom Koytila

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
View the full article