Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adding Pictures to Your Post
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
Posting pictures in your post is quite easy. There are two different methods used here at 914World.com to post images in your thread. The first method for posting is attaching an image uploaded from your computer's hard drive to the 914 world.com server. The second method for posting pictures is linking to an image already located on the web. Here's how to upload and use an image from your computer. The second post in this thread shows you how to use an image from another website.

Attaching an image to your post. This is easy if you know the necessary parameters.

• Acceptable file formats include jpg, gif and png.

• Image size - Try to keep your image size so it will fit on the screen without scrolling. 1024 x 768 works well for most people. Lower the image DPI (dots per inch) to 72 if possible.

• File size - The total file size for your post (including all pics in the post) MUST be 8192kb (8.0 Mb) or less.
However, you can have as many posts in a thread as you like.

After your image meets the above criteria, locate and click on the "File Attachments 'Browse...'" button below the post window.

IPB Image

Using your operating systems file explorer window, find the picture you would like to post in your reply on your local harddrive. Once you've selected the file it will appear like this in the 'Browse...' file window. Then click the "Add This Attachment" button.

IPB Image

Now your file has been uploaded from your computer to the 914world server. You will need to click the "Add into Post" button to include them in your reply.

IPB Image

You can repeat the process to upload multiple pictures to the site. Once that is finished, click the "Add into Post" button for each picture you want to post. You can post more than one picture in a single reply, but no more than 500kb total file size for all of the pictures. If you exceed that size, you can always revert to posting one picture per reply.

IPB Image

The attachments will look like this in the post reply text editor window.

IPB Image

I've had a few people ask why pictures posted have text wrapped up on one side or the other of the picture.

If you don't put a line break before (or after as the case may be) your picture attachments tag, you'll end up with text wrapped to the side of your pictures.

Your pictures and text will look something like this:

IPB Image

The text that resulted in that text wrap looks like this:

IPB Image

Simply place your cursor in between your text and the picture attachment tags and add a couple of line returns (return key). the text and the results are as follows:

IPB Image

IPB Image

And the end result looks like this.

IPB Image
IPB Image

If you start adding text without a line break in between the picture attachment tags and your text, You will see text along the side of your picture.
Gint
Adding an image that is hosted on another web site is even easier.

Click on the tree icon above the post editor window.

IPB Image

A dialog box will appear.

IPB Image

Simply type or paste a URL for an image into this field and click "OK".

IPB Image

This will automatically add the [img][/img] tags around you URL. Click the "Add This" button to complete the post. That's it!

IPB Image

Now that you've seen how the IMG tags are used, you can also do this manually in the thread. I use the "Fast Reply" option on the thread page and IMG tags to paste a URL into my reply. Quick and easy...

IPB Image
jcd914
QUOTE(seanery @ Jun 25 2004, 07:16 AM) *

• File size - The total file size for your post (including all pics in the post) MUST be 4096kb (4.0 Mb) or less.

A while back I discovered that there is hidden text in the "File Attachments" window telling you how much space you have used and have left.
At least for me the font color is set to white so I can't see it. confused24.gif
But if I 'click and drag' in the window I can highlight the text and make it show up.
Very helpful.

Click to view attachment

Jim
SirAndy
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Dec 17 2010, 12:41 PM) *
A while back I discovered that there is hidden text in the "File Attachments" window telling you how much space you have used and have left.
At least for me the font color is set to white so I can't see it. confused24.gif
But if I 'click and drag' in the window I can highlight the text and make it show up.
Very helpful.

Thanks for pointing that out. Looks like we missed that one when we created the board skins ...

idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.