Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clamshell
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cool914
I need to replace both inner rockers on both sides. I was going to use the clamshells which normally are applied over the inner rocker and rest of the long instead of the using an inner rocker replacement because I am missing the pillar box areas and figured the added metal on towards the back of the long would be a good thing.

I understand they are the same gauge as replacement inner rockers so that is not an issue. Any concerns with doing this as opposed to just replacing the inner rocker with regular inner rocker?

Thanks
mikea100
That's exactly what I'm doing.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?show...80&start=80
IronHillRestorations
If you go with the Restoration Design clamshells, to do it right you have to also take off the door sills, and then open the pinchweld for the door jamb too. If there's any old repair work, then the rib pattern might not be the same as the clamshells.
Cool914
QUOTE(mikea100 @ Jul 20 2011, 10:37 AM) *

Thanks for the link, looks great. When you put the front jamb back in did it line up well with the box area on the clam?

Cool914
QUOTE(9146986 @ Jul 20 2011, 02:09 PM) *

If you go with the Restoration Design clamshells, to do it right you have to also take off the door sills, and then open the pinchweld for the door jamb too. If there's any old repair work, then the rib pattern might not be the same as the clamshells.

I was just remove the spot welds for the majority of the old inner rocker that are rust out and cut it near the ends. I was not going to put new inner rocker in so the clam would not need to line up with anything.
mikea100
QUOTE(Cool914 @ Jul 20 2011, 10:27 PM) *

QUOTE(mikea100 @ Jul 20 2011, 10:37 AM) *

Thanks for the link, looks great. When you put the front jamb back in did it line up well with the box area on the clam?

The door jambs and the door sill and not yet installed, but I believe that a little triangle will need to be cut out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.