Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where does all the Rubber Trip Go?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ptravnic
Hi All,

I'm starting to put my freshly painted 914 back together and can't seem to properly identify where all of the rubber goes. I bought a ton of stuff from Mark @ 914rubber. Door seals, bulkhead seals, trunk seals, etc...

Is there a reference guide? I may have some OEM and some repro pieces that do the same thing but are cut slightly different. confused24.gif

I'm sure someone else has had this same problem...

Thanks in advance,
-pt
smontanaro
Can you post some pix, possibly including shots of cross sections? I'm sure many folks would be able to identify based on profiles and such.

S
ptravnic
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Jul 21 2011, 10:07 AM) *

Can you post some pix, possibly including shots of cross sections? I'm sure many folks would be able to identify based on profiles and such.

S

I'll give that a shot later today.

I really just want all the crap that is cluttering my garage to go back on the car!

Good idea, Skip. If there's any chance you are free this weekend, I think I'm going to spend some time trying to get as much of the car back together as possible and would love the help!

-pt
mburkhart
If it's not raining this weekend (supposed to be scattered thunderstorms all weekend in the area), maybe I could drive over and we can use my car as a guide? It's not totally original (some seals have been replaced), but I think most of the rubber bits are still there.

I just got my car back from Brad Mayeur and it's running great, so I'm looking for excuses to drive it somewhere...
ptravnic
QUOTE(mburkhart @ Jul 21 2011, 12:47 PM) *

If it's not raining this weekend (supposed to be scattered thunderstorms all weekend in the area), maybe I could drive over and we can use my car as a guide? It's not totally original (some seals have been replaced), but I think most of the rubber bits are still there.

I just got my car back from Brad Mayeur and it's running great, so I'm looking for excuses to drive it somewhere...

Thanks. I spoke with Mark (914rubber) and he offered to answer any location q if I shoot him a pic via text. So hopefully I can get the rubber back on there later today!

-pt
Mikey914
Really I need to break down and spend some time doing a nice drawing, but just have not go to doing that. But if you post I'll definately do a cut and paste as to where they go.
type47
Several diagrams on PP and AA along with part numbers and diagrams in the PET
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.