Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wrong throttle body?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rog914
I have two vacuum hoses on the distributor vac adv. One comes from the back of the vac adv unit to the throttle body(below the throttle plate). The other hose is from front (or the cone part) of the vac adv and was plugged and shoved under some sheet metal. Where dose this hose go?
The throttle body looks new or rebuilt. There's a casting spot on the throttle body that looks like it's supposed to have a vac port(above the throttle plate, 180 degrees from the other) in it but dosn't.

Thanks for any info, Ralph

74 2.0
JeffBowlsby
That is exactly how the 74 2.0s came from the factory, One port on the TB, 2 hoses from the vac advance, with the one hose merely tucked under the plenum.
SirAndy
yapp, and you were supposed to leave it hidden there so the guys doing your smog check wouldn't get all bend out of shape.

try to explain that to one of those guys:
"no, i swear, that's how they came out of the factory. really!"

Andy
anthony
There's actually supposed to be a cap on the second unused port rather than a hose. I guess they usually get lost.
Rog914
Thanks for the info. It just seemed strange that one under the sheet metal.

Ralph

74 2.0
Bleyseng
Drill out the Throttle body and install a port like on the 73 TB's. It gives you alittle more advance between 1500 -3000 rpms.
The hole you drill that goes thru into the venturi is very small, probably the smallest drill bit in a standard drill assortment. The depth of the drilled hole for the steel or brass tube is 3/16th-1/4 inch. Measure the size of the port on the distributor for the correct size of pipe.
Geoff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.