Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: engine lid rubber stops
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
scrz914
I was installing the engine lid after getting everything back from the body shop and noticed the hinges at different angles. Turns out one of the rubber hinge stops was missing and the other one is cracked. AA lists them for $30 each, YIKES. But it also referenced the same rubber buffer as being found in the front trunk floor. I checked mine and sure enough, they are the same.
Questions:
1. What is the purpose of the pair in the front trunk floor? My guess is they buffer the stock valance from the underbody. I have the LE style valance.
2. Where can I get some for my engine lid hinges? Has anyone come up with a cheaper substitute?

Thanks for your help.

Rand
Hey Mikey...
IPB Image

(Thinking this might be a potential product for 914rubber.com)
scrz914

That would be a good option but I'm guessing there wouldn't be enough demand for Mark to implement. Mine were busted up by the body shop gorillas. sawzall-smiley.gif

I'll probably have to rig up something from FLAPS.

Still wondering what the floor trunk buffers are for.
9146FAN
QUOTE(scrz914 @ Jul 21 2011, 11:23 AM) *

That would be a good option but I'm guessing there wouldn't be enough demand for Mark to implement. Mine were busted up by the body shop gorillas. sawzall-smiley.gif

I'll probably have to rig up something from FLAPS.

Still wondering what the floor trunk buffers are for.

The front rubber buffers between the front valance and the unibody are essential to stabilize the tin valance as there are no fasteners at the bottom of the valance. I hope this helps...
scrz914
Ahh. I figured it had to do with the valance. For some reason I'm having trouble visualizing it.
Still learning things about these cars.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(scrz914 @ Jul 21 2011, 10:57 AM) *

I was installing the engine lid after getting everything back from the body shop and noticed the hinges at different angles. Turns out one of the rubber hinge stops was missing and the other one is cracked. AA lists them for $30 each, YIKES. But it also referenced the same rubber buffer as being found in the front trunk floor. I checked mine and sure enough, they are the same.
Questions:
1. What is the purpose of the pair in the front trunk floor? My guess is they buffer the stock valance from the underbody. I have the LE style valance.
2. Where can I get some for my engine lid hinges? Has anyone come up with a cheaper substitute?

Thanks for your help.

They used the same part on early 911s. Shouldn't be that tough to find.
scrz914
For now I will scavenge some off another lid I have. Too bad as it's a pretty nice original lid. I'll have to keep my eyes open for any 914 junkers and grab this part.
Towarish
QUOTE(scrz914 @ Jul 21 2011, 08:57 AM) *

Questions:

Thanks for your help.

Porsche genuine part
99970303650 Anschlagpuffer 0,64 €
bandjoey
Mikey now has these in stock Perfect fit
Kansas 914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Nov 15 2015, 09:52 PM) *

http://shop.914rubber.com/Engine-deck-lid-...m?categoryId=-1
porschetub
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Nov 16 2015, 05:52 PM) *

X 1 on that just fitted a set myself,Mikey might need to up his price to keep up with AA av-943.gif av-943.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.