Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sponsors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
skline
I was reading the threads from the 2004 planning and wanted to get this started. This will be where we talk about sponsors and what they get and how much or what they are donating and so on. I already have a few in mind that I am going to hit up. I will see what happens. The T-shirts this year will be pretty much the same, I have someone I will contact to see about doing them for less than it cost this last time. A friend of mine does screen printing and I may be able to get him to do it for less. As for the WCC polo shirts, The ones they sold were very nice and I liked it a lot. I bought 2 more as a matter of fact. Just waiting for them to arrive, John. Did you want to see about having them done again? Or because of the problems you had with that company, maybe you found someone else? I can check out here, I know of a woman who does embroidery out of her home and does stuff like this. I can ask her what she would charge. Lets get this going. The last one they did in a short time and it turned out great, we have almost a year to do this so it should be fantastic. I have my sponsorship shirt and the shield to show the companies I want to hit up for sponsorship. Lets see what happens.

Give me some ideas on how much to charge, I was thinking since the last ones for the shield went so fast for $100.00, why not make the shield spots around $300.00 or so. What do you think? Sonce there are only 3 spots that would be $900.00 and we can go from there.
drew365
Give me some ideas on how much to charge, I was thinking since the last ones for the shield went so fast for $100.00, why not make the shield spots around $300.00 or so. What do you think? Sonce there are only 3 spots that would be $900.00 and we can go from there.

That tech talk is spinning my head. wacko.gif
Since I didn't attend this year I don't know what the sponsors paid for or what they got for that. Could you splain lucy?
Also we should consider hitting up Otto since this is close to home for him.
VegasRacer
We did not have a lot of sponsors last year. Most of them donated items for the raffle. Only a few gave cash. The rally shield is probably the best exposure item we have available. Last year we covered their production with sponsor fees. I think $300 (or more) per spot would be a great way to generate more funds for use in other areas.

I got a nice e-mail after the shirt snafu from the company. I have accepted their apology and feel comfortable using them again. Their cost is $11.38 per shirt (plus postage). If you can find a cheaper supplier, with good quality, that is even better. I am willing to do them again, coordinate them if the club wants to make them an offical item. or whatever we decide.
drew365
How about an AX sponsor, where each car entered has a windshield banner of the sponsors name. That would be pretty good exposure for a sponsor also, it would be prominent in a lot of event photos.
skline
Well, one thing to think about is the exposure that may be coming in Excellence Magazine about the last WCC. If that hits the streets with an article about it, we will be in like flint. That would give us national exposure and could promt some hefty sponsors. When is the magazine supposed to hit the streets? We kind of need to see it. I am talking going around to places like Einmalig in Huntington Beach, Ray Stephens Porsche in Costa Mesa, And Best Deal Parts down in Laguna to see about sponsorships. There is one more but I dont know the name of his company, I am sure he would be interested as he is now manufacturing carpet and door panel kits for 914s among other things. If that article comes out in the magazine, we will be set. It would make for some very strong leverage.
seanery
Scott, wait for the sponsorship talks with proposed vendors. Get the event sorted out here first. When the different events have been decided sponsorship will come. This is also something that the club needs to be involved in.
lagunero
QUOTE(seanery @ Jun 26 2004, 08:21 AM)
This is also something that the club needs to be involved in.

I try not to sound like I know what I'm talking about, but it did seem strange that this hasn't been brought up enough. I just figured we'd get together on the 10th, sort out a rough draft to present to the Administration and wait for the go head. Now that we are on the subject, will the 05 commitee have access to the financial breakdown of the 04 event? This will be of great help. Let's not forget the guy who (with the help of his wife) got the ball rolling on some t-shirts before the WCC was scolled on the BBS for not asking permission first. Rights to the Author also apply to the name of this club and that is why I don't feel comfortable inquiring on it's behalf YET. I know that after the first meeting most questions will be answered. It's obvious our intent so I think it's time that the Administrators offer some guidance here on what's OK or not before the meeting.
seanery
Jeff Bowlsby has the financial information. It has not been published.
VegasRacer
It would be great if we could line up some BIG corporate sponsors. Now that we have a history of success and enough time (plus the Excellence article), we should be able to smooze the right people. I know that Meguiars and Kumho have both made substantial donations to the Las Vegas SCCA in the past. I am sure there are other who would like some 'free' advertising.
Howard
Agree with all. Think Rich's boys are putting together a DVD highlighting 2004. Would be a great thing to show to prospective sponsors. Since we are to be self sufficient $$wise, and admin does not want to participate in profit, if any, suggest we make the a fundraiser for a charity. We can charge a few bucks more entry since contrib could be considered tax deduct (consult your CPA, etc.)

Good bye party could likewise include auction of some donated stuff. Have done this several times with golf tournaments. Call on or write to local vendors and pitch. They can dump some inventory that isn't moving well and take the deduction. Last week I ended up with a Beck's Beer hat and beach towel. Our group shot 11 under (Texas scramble) and lost by 6 'effin shots. Friggin hustlers at a Church tournament, no less. But shit like that is easy to come by when you are putting on a charitable event.

Believe we do need to sort out the agenda/location first, so suggest we work on that for now.

Le Grand Fromage elect.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Howard @ Jun 26 2004, 05:50 PM)
Le Grand Fromage elect.

Elect?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is pretty much it.
There is no coronation. pray.gif pray.gif icon22_2.gif
You were silly brave enough to accept the job.
If you want a party, you will have to throw your own.
I don't think there are any virgins around here to sacrafice. (Except for maybe Alfred)
seanery
I've gotta say it again. I'm glad you guys are gung ho, we all are. But, please, don't get ahead of yourselves on the sponsors. There IS a master plan (well, kind of) in place. It's ok to gather names of folks, but please let's not contact them yet.
lagunero
Gotcha Sean. Standing by.
Toast
And the master plan is.........???
seanery
QUOTE(Toast @ Jun 29 2004, 03:49 PM)
And the master plan is.........???

In Brad's head. biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
Ya might wanna consider putting a publicity thang together and send it to a few vendors showing them what went on this year and inviting them to participate.....

Renegade, GPR, Excellence, to name a few....
VegasRacer
Now that we have a confirmed date plus the 'Excellence' article
is it time to start thinking about contacting some BIG corporate $pon$or$?
Toast
I say...... Why not? confused24.gif
Jeroen
I say we hold on for a minute or 2

First of all, most of the "obvious" sponsors have been hit pretty much lately (MWC and upcoming Fall Folliage)

Second, we need to have some kind of financial plan. There's gonna be much more costs than "just" renting the track
I thought registration fees were gonna be something like $150. What's included??? T-shirts, Rallye Shields, Stickers, Trophies, blah, blah, blah... it adds up quick. If you know how much we need, it's easier to hit sponsors...

Third, you gosta know what you can offer the sponsors in return. I you can't come up with anything substantial, chances of getting any dough are slim...

So, we need a good and clear attack plan

Finally, if you have a personal contact, it couldn't hurt to start warming them up a little biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
drew365
I agree with Jeroen that contacting sponsors should be done by a couple of people with a plan. Maybe we should have a get together to divy up responsibilities? If enough people don't make it to GAF, we should come up with another opportunity to get involved.
VegasRacer
Here is a donated items for the goodie bags from SBWY in The Netherlands. They donated 100 Frisbees. They are an advertising agency / art dealer. They are the ones who helped me get the porcelain 914 models. They now have some limited edition sculptures of other Porsches.
Howard
way to go john. get me a high res logo if you can for shirts. the only thing worse than frisbees for this group would be kazoos for a marching band. i'm working on that IPB Image

further on this note, have contacted some already, and the rest will go out by snail mail tomorrow. just ended up with the job and put together a pretty poor mailing list. if you know anyone outside our little group I should contact, let me know.
VegasRacer
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 14 2005, 10:08 PM)
get me a high res logo if you can for shirts.

This otta work
Howard
john, link won't work if I just keep staring at your avatar, will it? damnnnnnnnnnn!
VegasRacer
How 'bout this?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.