Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Top Gun Event with OVR PCA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tscrihfield
Just thought I would share some photos of the event from last weekend. It was a great time and there were quite a few 914's there!

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

The Red 914 #286 is a good friend of mine. He and his car are very quick! He had the fastest lap times in his group all weekend, along with 911's and he took pole position in the first sprint race. The weekend was a blast though! Enjoy!
GeorgeRud
Looks like it was a nice turnout of some very pretty cars.

How's Putnam Park? I had heard there were some safety or other issues associated with that track.

Looking back, my first track event was at IRP in 1974, so central Indiana holds a certain spot in my heart, but I've never run at Putnam Park.

Any midwesterners remember Mid America Raceway in Wentzville, MO. It was another fun track that was lost to developers years ago.
Van914
Putnam Park is a pretty safe track. Not too many place to run into things. Turn 9 & 10 are the ones where the most trouble happens. Most of the other turns you just run out into the field.
Great Time last weekend.
Van
tscrihfield
QUOTE(Van914 @ Jul 22 2011, 09:09 AM) *

Putnam Park is a pretty safe track. Not too many place to run into things. Turn 9 & 10 are the ones where the most trouble happens. Most of the other turns you just run out into the field.
Great Time last weekend.
Van

I was hoping you would chime in! I see you on here all the time. As Van said there is not much negative marks as far as safety is concerned. It is a nice older track that seems to be well managed. It is literally out in the middle of No-Where! Much like Mid-Ohio.
It was a great time, good to see you again and meet your wife!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.