Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 73 just sold on Ebay... off to Switzerland.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tod914
I know some of you guys like to keep track of recent car sales.. Here's the link to Ebay. Was a very enjoyable project. Had lots of fun with it.. now it's time to devote my focus on Froggy. I'm sure the new owner will be pleased when it arrives.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...SSA:MOTORS:1123

Tom_T
Great Price Tod! smilie_pokal.gif

... but I couldn't part with it if I'd done all that work! sad.gif

Sent you an email re: the Froggy AA Carpet.

If you can't get it worked out, call or text me as I may be down by AA to visit my wife's brother/wife/niece during the week of 8/13-20 when we visit our daughter/son-in-law in Asheville NC, after I drop my son's car off at Ft. Drum & visit him 8/5-13.

I'll let you know if I can route thru your area on the way up there from Pittsburgh, and if I have enough time before I have to meet my wife's flight into Buffalo 8/5 afternoon.

Give George a call tomorrow.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Jeffs9146
Go down to the local West Marine Store and purchase a large amount of Moisture absorber before shipping it!! Place it is an appropriat large container so it will spill the excess water into a bin and keep it from spilling on the floor!

Damp Rid Moisture Control

My 6 arrived in Finland coated with a layer of mold & mildew and arrived in the winter so everything was frozen!!
tod914
Thanks again for the advise Tom. Been a long week. Ok if I give you a call tomorrow sometime?
@ Jeff, do I buy several and put the canisters in each trunk and interior?
Jeffs9146
I would get a plastic bin and put at least 4 in the cabin and one in each trunk minimum! The way these work is the water is removed from the air and dropped into a bin under the granulars. For it to work properly the granulars need to stay above the water level with enough room for the water to rise as they increase the volumes.

I use these on my Yacht and they fill up with water in about 3-4 weeks in a mild moisture situation! Since your car will be spending some time in a container on a ship I would go for as much as I can fit!
Lou W
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Jul 21 2011, 05:25 PM) *

Go down to the local West Marine Store and purchase a large amount of Moisture absorber before shipping it!! Place it is an appropriat large container so it will spill the excess water into a bin and keep it from spilling on the floor!

Damp Rid Moisture Control

wow, that's sounds like a real good idea smile.gif
tod914
Great advice. Thanks Jeff. Last thing I want to see, is the car having issues when it arrives.
BK911
Beautiful car. Congrats on a very strong sale. I hope this starts a trend.
Tom_T
QUOTE(tod914 @ Jul 21 2011, 05:32 PM) *

Thanks again for the advise Tom. Been a long week. Ok if I give you a call tomorrow sometime?

Yeah, but leave a message if I don't pick up & I'll get back to you asap.
I may be driving up from Sallisaw to Tahlequah OK tomorrow to a meeting.
TJB/914
QUOTE(BK911 @ Jul 21 2011, 05:16 PM) *

Beautiful car. Congrats on a very strong sale. I hope this starts a trend.

agree.gif agree.gif
Good stuff sells. There are buyers out there with deep pockets who want quality.

Tom
tod914
Thanks guys. Be nice to get the values up on these again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.