Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Two tough price checks. Ok, only one is gonna be tough...on me.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
horizontally-opposed
The Saratoga top, in particular, is in exceptional condition and comes with a custom-made vinyl cover to keep it that way. I'm sure that selling the Saratoga top several months ago would have been a LOT smarter biggrin.gif , but such is life. I suspect it's worth a fraction of what it was, and rightly so. But who knows, maybe there's at least one person out there who prefers "period" accessories? unsure.gif

Have no idea what to ask for the 911/914-6 airbox. Very nice shape. I am no longer interested in converting my 914-4 to a six, so it's time to let it go.

Would just like to get some input on fair prices before putting both up for sale, and both will go up for sale in the classifieds so all have a fair chance at them.

Thanks!!!

pete

P.S. Yes, I know I haven't been around in a while. Part of it is project dissonance (hopefully getting over that...) and part of it is embarrassment of my lack of project progress! Sorry!!
horizontally-opposed
A few pics of the top...
horizontally-opposed
horizontally-opposed
horizontally-opposed
horizontally-opposed
...worst aspect of top is probably this, an edging that should be re-glued. This is, however, the nicest Saratoga top I've ever seen.
horizontally-opposed
...a room with a view...
horizontally-opposed
Bag....
horizontally-opposed
...and box.
rick 918-S
I have no idea. Just sayin bye1.gif
Mike Bellis
I've seen the Saratoga tops go for $1500. That was before Mikey914 started building his. Unfortunately for you his quality is superior to the original. His brand new one is around $850. If you put it on ebay and offer shipping to Europe you might get good money for it. Same thing with the air cleaner. If it is in good shape, one of those rich 914 owners doing a resto may need it. If not someone in Erupoe needs it.
IronHillRestorations
Not everyone in the 914 community knows about the availabilty of the new tops, so I'd say go the eBay route.
jim_hoyland
Period top in good condtion, cover, box: I'd say between $1k and $1.5 would be FMV

Having owned an original Saratoga top and having seen Mark's new WAS top, I believe the new WAS is a better value.

I have one on order and you are welcome to look it over-not sure of delivery date.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 22 2011, 09:20 AM) *

Period top in good condtion, cover, box: I'd say between $1k and $1.5 would be FMV

Having owned an original Saratoga top and having seen Mark's new WAS top, I believe the new WAS is a better value.

I have one on order and you are welcome to look it over-not sure of delivery date.

nice top, jim-

The bag is nice for protection and keeping it clean.

I looked for a saratoga for 2 years, never found a good one(guys at BFR john? had 3or 4 stashed away, too bad for him they were all damaged from not being stored properly and having stuff thrown on top etc. - cost him$$$$$,

- so as soon and Mikey914 got his going i signed up!! - #14 being delivered soon!!

right now i have a top with a sunroof in it - some kind of mod done in CA by the P.O. - i get the benefit of extra light, and when open - air flow without the S.C. sun on my bald head!

I would go Ebay as well, - as was already said, they are rare and a period original option like that will draw much attention i am sure.
Good luck with the sale!

Phil
GaroldShaffer
I sold a saratoga top two years ago on ebay for $900. Pretty much the same condition as yours except I didn't have a storage bag for it. I too would go the ebay route. I feel you should be able to get between $900 - $1200 for it in todays market.
gms
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Jul 21 2011, 10:19 PM) *

Have no idea what to ask for the 911/914-6 airbox. Very nice shape. I am no longer interested in converting my 914-4 to a six, so it's time to let it go.

The correct plastic airbox should fetch between $200-$300. if it is a 911 unit maybe $100
horizontally-opposed
Thanks for all the replies! beerchug.gif

Yep, what I feared, as I *hate* selling stuff on eBay.

Thanks again!!

pete
jim_hoyland
The Bowlsby web site has a copy of the original Saratoga Top instructions, see:
http://members.rennlist.com/914_collectibles/RareDocs.htm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.