Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 914 2.0 Heads, Delorto Carbs, WebCam
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
carr914
A friend of mine asked to see if I could Post an Ad for him.

As most of you know I'm a -6 Guy, so I don't know if the Price on these are Good, Bad, or a Steal

2.0 Heads

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Heads & Delorto's

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
My Friend wants $1,000 for all

Any questions? let me know and I can relay them & get answers

T.C.
eric914
Price may be a little high smile.gif
carr914
It's not mine, so I won't be offended by being told what it is actually worth
wingnut86
...have the heads already been verified/checked for cracks (dye soaked)?

Any idea whether the Delortos have the same dimensions as a set of Weber IDF 40s?

Above question is related to the intakes...
tscrihfield
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jul 22 2011, 09:58 AM) *

It's not mine, so I won't be offended by being told what it is actually worth

Judging by the photos, it seems as if these have been sitting a while, in a bad spot. The Dells can fetch some really good $$$ in working condition! However, you would have to prove in some way that they are rebuildable and how much work is needed prior to pricing. IMHO in their current state I would put somewhere like $2-300. he could easily double that if he were to rebuild them prior to selling and they would sell QUICK! People love Dellortos they are a great carb! Rebuild kits could be had for around $40-50 bucks. These do look like the DRLA 40's but you would have to check the numbers on the sides of the carbs.

As for the heads the are a desireable cast but also need rebuilt! The valve seats are rusted something awful. Not giving a market value but an actual case is that I picked up a set of rebuilt bare castings for $200 about 3 months ago. Not saying that these arent worth more, just an actual case.

Just my $.02

70_914
I don't want the heads or the cam, but if he will split it up I am interested in the carbs.

As long as the price is closer to $150-200 for them.
DB914
I will go $300 for the heads
carr914
My friend is looking to move all these parts as a package, not piece meal. I've gotten one offer that was close to moving these, but not quite there. If he can't get a good price, he is the type he will sit on them forever - eventually he will find someone that needs them - he is a Master Porsche Mechanic
wingnut86
Cool.

Have the heads been dye tested for micro-cracks?

...Bad experience from a seller who was an expert. I bought the heads and have 2 very nice ash trays requiring over $1200 worth of refurbishment:-{

So, I have to ask.
carr914
icon_bump.gif

I thought I had these Sold, but the Check never arrived, so they could still be yours ! shades.gif
carr914
icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.