Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VW Cup Holder Mod...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
I had a WTB ad in the classifieds for a stock ashtray as I modified mine for a VW cup holder I found on CIP1.com.

Here's the basics:

The cup holder is pretty crude. Basically some PVC and vinyl with a couple of 2x4's cut to give it the proper angle. Crude yes, but actually quite effective.

The wood ashtray insert it too large to a 914 so I thought... a 914 ashtray in it's place would be... ummm... perfect.

1. The first step is to disassemble the 914 ashtray. Drill or grind off the rivet heads holing the facia on and the ember guard. Remove everything except the tray.

2. Use a hacksaw to cut through the glue joint on the wood. Hacksaw because there are some nails in there.

Click to view attachment

3. Drill three holes in the tray section of the 914 ashtray and use the appropriate size wood screws to attach the remaining section of the cup holder to the tray.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

4. Insert in dash and enjoy.

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
thumb3d.gif
pete-stevers
not sure if i like the look of the vinyl ....but when you have a hot coffee pressed between yer legs....i certainly would appreciate a cup holder...any cupholder!
if you make em make one for a 911 too
underthetire
Yahtze cups smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.