Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Christmas came early!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
moparrob
I haven't been this excited in some time. Waiting for me at my office today was a large box from Performance Oriented. This was the return of the Weber 40 IDA 3C carbs I had sent to Paul Abbott for some loving attention of which they were in desperate need.

His packaging job alone is well worth the price of admission. Everything came shrink-wrapped, properly padded and triple boxed. It felt like Christmas morning without the fruit cake.

Anyway, here is the before picture:

IPB Image

Now for the after:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

The carbs are now completely rebuilt, new springs, ball studs and PMO adjustable accelerator pump rods. He bench adjusted everything then installed the carbs on a test engine to set the throttle butterflies, idle air bypass, idle mixtures, float levels and idle speed. They should be pretty close to a bolt-on at this point.

Paul is a great guy to deal with and I highly recommend his services.
markb
drooley.gif wub.gif
AZ914
NICE!! drooley.gif
patssle
Paul is a great guy and if I ever need work on my carbs, that's where they are going!

What aircleaners do you have on your carbs?
moparrob
I've got K&N watersheds presently. I need to find the best way to clean and service the old K&N elements. Any suggestions?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.