Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your opinion-75 1.8 Litre
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PBC914
I'm looking at a 75 1.8 litre, some questions:
-Factory air was removed, center console gauges are there and work.
-Car has been repainted, but is the correct factory color, Malaga Red.
-Interior was originally white, now painted with vinyl paint to black.
-Mahle wheels
-Engine has been rebuilt and had original FI.
-Engine runs very strong
-some rust in the corners by tail lights
-Looks like in front right wheel well was repaired.
-Original windshield and chrome trim in place
-Fogs don't work, maybe burned out
-Crappy fill job on rear trunk
-Bad work on front fenders (would need to redo).
-Longs were replaced with AA kit
-Corners of both front fenders near door have rust bubbling through (about a 1/2 dollar size).

Seller asking $4995. I'm thinking $3750.
Anything else I should look at?
mepstein
Were longs repaired professionally or half assed like other issues on car? Sounds like there could be more rust issues than meets the eye. Paint doesn't rust so it can hide alot of problems under the surface. So can bondo and tar paper. My rustoration is a good example of hidden issues. Even "rebuilt" engines vary to a large degree. Better yet, get a PPI from a pro.
bembry
yikes.

AZ914
Sounds like it may need some work and have other rust issues if its bad up by the lights. Probably can find a better deal for that money. Also a 75 and a 1.8 which aren't as desirable as others.
AndyB
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Jul 23 2011, 09:04 PM) *

Sounds like it may need some work and have other rust issues if its bad up by the lights. Probably can find a better deal for that money. Also a 75 and a 1.8 which aren't as desirable as others.

mad.gif I have this year and engine ok I backdated my exchangers and added a Tangerine Racing Evo IV silencer but I am still happy with it. She can hang with the 2.0 it may be in a lower gear but she is right there in someones mirror smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.