Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Spring Push Rod Tubes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
I need to replace my push rod tubes and seals. I noticed that CB Performance has spring push rod tubes. See link: http://www.cbperformance.com/catalog.asp?ProductID=1395

I wondering if anyone has used these and are they just as good as the real push rod tubes. With the spring, it sure looks easier to install.

Thank you in advance.
silver74insocal
no expert but i beleive those are for type 1 engines where you have to remove the heads normally to replace the tubes. you cut your old ones out and install these. type 4's you dont have to remove the heads to replace the seals or tubes.

sure have purdy colors though rolleyes.gif
JawjaPorsche
Thanks for the reply. I saw these on a how to do webpage and they were using these on a VW engine that did not have to remove the heads. It looks like silicone seals are the way to go, too!
underthetire
Waste of money IMO. The tubes just slip out through the heads on a t4. If you need tubes just put a wtb on the classifieds. Plenty around here.
TheCabinetmaker
those are for a 1600 type one. Won't work on a type 4, and no need. You don't need to change the tubes, just the orings, and the Viton is the only way to go.
McMark
Those are for a T1 and not necessary. The pushrod tubes are already replaceable without removing the heads.
brant
On a type 4:
you have to pull the rockers, and actual pushrods themselves.... by which time you are 2 seconds away from removing the original pushrod tubes.

so the "spring idea" doesn't work on our engines
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(brant @ Jul 24 2011, 10:01 AM) *

On a type 4:
you have to pull the rockers, and actual pushrods themselves.... by which time you are 2 seconds away from removing the original pushrods.

so the "spring idea" doesn't work on our engines

I really appreciate all your helpful comments on push rod tubes. Yall have been very helpful with your reply's.
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 23 2011, 10:34 PM) *
The T4 pushrod tubes are already replaceable without removing the heads.

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.