Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should the door latch be zinc?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
PanelBilly
Both the part on the body and the part on the door. Should they be zinc coated? The inside of the door assembly is zinc but the part you see isn't. Did it just wear off. And the unit that screws to the door jam that has the rubber on it. Should that be zinc?
tod914
Bill, the arm mechanism, the latches on both the door and door jam are a Clear Zinc. They look silvery. The unit with the rubber boot that screws into the door jam I seen 3 different ways.. can't verify if each part was "Factory" correct. The ones that are still availble are that dark yellowish zinc color. My 73 had black plastic with a different type of wiring set up. My current 74 has them in a clear zinc. The screws on the 74 are a dark yellowish zinc. Here's a link you can poke around in of the past cars. Should show the door jams in detail. http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk296/t...;cpZZ3QQtppZZ16

There's quite a few albulms.. the red car has a close up of that, and so does the white one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.