Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why does preventative maintenance always turn into a trouble shooting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Haudiosolutions
Not that I have been having problems but I thought it would be good to put in new points, cap and rotor. Got the parts put on and instantly, the car was hard to start and once it did, the idle was very low and would miss a lot getting into the throttle and felt like it was a little low on power. Test drive over and tried different point gaps with no improvement in symptoms. Put my old points back in and all problems disappear and runs great. I've inspected the points and compared the two and the new one looks the same, Any chance I have the wrong part? bad part? or am I missing something.

Thanks
Derrick
Krieger
My 356 buddy told me some of the new points out there are pure crap. I think he had the same problem.
Spoke
I put in Pertronix and never looked back. The points and condenser are in the toolbox just in case.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.