Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So I just got back from the Long Winding Road
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
rohar
This weekend was the dumbest thing to happen to road racing at Spokane in like, ever. The ChumpCar 24 hours at Spokane "The long and winding road" just finished. I volunteered to help the staff and managed to stay awake for about 15 hours of it. It was glorious! Only 5 cars thrashed (4 rollovers and 1 fire all self inflected). Best value for track time I've seen. 24hrs for under $1k.

Here's the problem, car's mid way through the Audi engine conversion, and I was planning on making it a street car. Talking to the staff, it looks like I can squeek it into chump racing. If I gave up on streeting it, I could easily run it in ICSCC and SCCA as well.

The conversion would go MUCH quicker if I just didn't have to think about interior finish, perfect paint etc. and lord knows I'm tired of having a garage ornament. Thoughts?
okieflyr
I enjoyed mine enough to put it back on the street, and now I get alot more of the enjoyable seat time. driving.gif
rohar
I understand okieflyr, but I work from home so there's not much seat time other than the track wink.gif That said, if someone would let me run a 24 hour race in a 220hp 914 against Nissans and VWs, I'm not sure how I can resist. I'm thinking caging is in my future.
NORD

Sounds like you need 2 914 then the best of both worlds driving.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(NORD @ Jul 28 2011, 05:35 PM) *

agree.gif biggrin.gif

This is why I am building a street car with ALL features I would want for street. My 2nd 914 is my AX & street car. I run DSP with SCCA and while it holds it own pretty well I have held off doing anymore to take it to the limits of DSP because I still want it to be a street car. With the 2nd 914 as the street car I won't have that issue anymore. biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914

agree.gif happy11.gif
Ductech

agree.gif I third the statement made by the good Nord. besides 914's are like a virus, you'll be dissapointed that you can't just go torture your spleen thru a corner on your way to (insert everyday place like work,corner mart, court date for speeding) and you might be tempted enough to strap some lights and a plate back on if you only have a trackcar. Just sayin, I couldn't wait in between track time, I need my 914 time near every day lately.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.