Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did a Dummy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ian Stott
Took off the engine lid grill, sanded it painted it, got the new rubber, painted the letters with Krylon Chrome Paint and they looked great, got new speed nuts put everything back together at the kitchen table with a sheet covering the table and the design of the sheet transferred to the newly painted letters! My wife witnessed the whole thing and is still laughing at her idiot main squeeze. All sympathetic comments will be much appreciated!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
hwgunner
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif beerchug.gif
Ian Stott
I have not had very much luck putting pictures onto this site, I have successfully e-mailed pictures, you could say I'm not very good with computers. James Smith will be here this week, maybe he can show me how.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
thf944
Well, if it was a plaid it may not be so bad since Porsche and VW used plaid a lot during the 70's, you might start a new trend. Now if it was a floral print well I'm not sure what to say. smile.gif
914.SBC
bootyshake.gif

Too funny...I have lots of stories like that.
76-914
hijacked.gif I'll see your "dummy" and raise you one "stupid". I traced the entire fog light circuit yesterday only to find both bulbs burned out. Let's hear some of your dumb assed mistakes.............
Spoke
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 25 2011, 10:43 AM) *

Let's hear some of your dumb assed mistakes.............

2 mistakes: one by me and one by my mechanic.

I just replaced the A/C compressor, dryer, condenser in my 97 Audi A6. A friend who has a garage schooled me on flushing the system and replacing the compressor.

I did all the work over the weekend, put everything back together including the front bumper and belly pan and took it in on Monday. Came back later and was told I had a big leak at the compressor. Dammit!

Took the car home, removed the compressor, the 2 fittings looked good; replace with new ones. I decided to remove the front bumper and belly pan just in case something else was wrong.

Took the car back, and the mechanic said the compressor leak is still there. WTF? He got underneath and low and behold, the compressor wasn't leaking, the fitting on the condenser was. When I tightened the fitting, it didn't slide in right and was very leaky.

I'll bet the compressor fittings were ok but he mistook the condenser leak to be the compressor leaking. The system is working fine now and I learned a lot about A/C systems.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.