Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is my fuel pump shot?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skaufmann
Bringing this 914 back to life after 8+ years parked. I can't get the fuel pump to run.

I hot-wired it to the battery with nothing, no sound or any sign of life. The question I have is there a trigger inside that detects gas to keep the pump from running dry? I know it won't pump air but I'm just wondering if I need to siphon the air our of my new gas lines for it to run.

If it should run regardless of fluid, how dead is it? Should I just save myself time and look for a new pump or are there some way to possibly bring it back to life.

Thanks ahead of time.
type47
No trigger or "dry" trigger (that I know of) in the pump. If you hot wired it and it's still dead, I'd say it's time to look for a new pump. Leaky one may be fixed by a new (hard to find because of the size) o-ring but if the motors dead, it might be more time effective to buy a new one. You could take it apart and test all the stuff, nothing lost.
TheCabinetmaker
A new pump for the early models are close to $300.00. You can change to the late style pump. Napa sells Bosch pumps for under $35.00. Ask for part #N69133. You will have modify the hose configuration as this is a two port pump instead of the early 3 port. One in, one out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.