Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Smoked Targas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rnellums
So I have an option to buy an original saratoga top needing seals and polishing for 600 or so, or I could spend a few hundred more and get Mikey's excellent top which I imagine actually seals to the car.

Any thoughts?

A smoked top seems like it would be great during the colder months!

-Ross
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(rnellums @ Jul 25 2011, 08:55 AM) *

So I have an option to buy an original saratoga top needing seals and polishing for 600 or so, or I could spend a few hundred more and get Mikey's excellent top which I imagine actually seals to the car.

Any thoughts?

A smoked top seems like it would be great during the colder months!

-Ross

Well , i can tell you what i did- i put a deposit down on a WAS top from Mikey914 and i will (#14) have it shipped out very soon i believe piratenanner.gif
I looked long and hard for a Saratoga, but due to old seals etc. most people wanted too much for them- because they were fairly rare, especially in good condition.

If its in great condition and you know you can clean it up, replace the seals- it would be a rare find and keep its value etc etc. get the Saratoga

but mikey has spent a lot of time and R&D to make sure these fit, new seals, new hardware, so i'm happy with that choice.

Good luck
racerbvd
Mikey's with out a dought, as one who owns a Sara Top (since the late 80s) and has owned the 911 version as well (2) I would not use mine (or any Sara) for regular driving, the bonging agent goes bad (have seen 911 ones Peel off at speed) and as others have pointed out, seals will be a challenge. I have bought Mikey's productss in past and am always impressed..
underthetire
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Jul 25 2011, 09:16 AM) *

the bonging agent goes bad

This with the smoked targa title leads me to believe this is going to go way off track. smoke.gif
rnellums
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jul 25 2011, 09:59 AM) *

QUOTE(racerbvd @ Jul 25 2011, 09:16 AM) *

the bonging agent goes bad

This with the smoked targa title leads me to believe this is going to go way off track. smoke.gif

It makes a boring topic more exciting. Like talking about the quality of Dr. Evil's trannys. Everyone knows they can do one of those hard working trannys at one of his "clinics", but it is even better if he does it himself.
Mike Bellis
Mikey914's is tinted plexi just like Sara. Mikey" is just a better overall product and will be worth more in the long run over the Sara.
Mikey914
At $600, the Saratoga top is not a great deal. You can allways see if you can get a better deal on the Saratoga top as there is a new product available.

just my .02
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.