Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 wont go
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
9nine
my 1974 914 wont go, unless it revves up to 3000rpms??? if it gets to the higher gears it will go, but when I slow down for a stop sign it wont go, even with the pedal to the floor, 74 914 1.8 fuel injected manual. any ideas please help..it's my only car and now I can't drive
jsayre914
More deatails please..
popcorn[1].gif

Is it stalling?
Can it idle?
How long has it been running like this?

rnellums
if your linkage slipped then you could be shifting into the higher gears. When you think you are going into first, you are actually hitting third?
benalishhero
Slipping clutch? confused24.gif
VaccaRabite
I am guessing that you need a new clutch ASAP. The job is not hard. At least not as hard as it could be.

Zach
rnellums
wouldn't the clutch still slip at higher gears too though? I know it would slip for less time though.

9nine, does the engine die before the car starts moving in lower gears?
tradisrad
i had the main shaft in my trans break and I was unable to use first gear, however I could put it in 2nd and get moving
Rand
All we can do is guess at things until you give us more info.

Does the engine rev or bog?
rnellums
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Jul 25 2011, 12:59 PM) *

i had the main shaft in my trans break and I was unable to use first gear, however I could put it in 2nd and get moving

Yikes!! How did that happen???
SLITS
Set the E-Brake (if it holds), start the car, hit the gas as normal, select 4th gear, let the clutch out, if the engine doesn't die your clutch is GONE.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.