I bought this 914 six years ago and have used it off and on as a daily driver. I would really like to keep it, but I am moving overseas. It's a solid, straight car, and, as far as I know, it has always been a California car. The engine was converted from a 1.7L to a stock 1.8L a little over a year ago. It also has a relatively new battery. 5-speed manual transmission (recently inspected and in good shape).

Features include:
* Dual Weber carbs
* Bursch exhaust (great sound)
* EMPI 8-spoke aluminum wheels
* Rear 140lb. Street Springs
* MSD ignition (not connected)
* Blaupunkt speakers
* Hinged center armrest from a 1975/6 914
* Dino steering wheel
* Lots of chrome
* AM/FM CD player
* Targa top
* Includes most maintenance and parts records going back about ten years
* 169K miles on the odometer but only several thousand miles since the rebuild last year

More pictures at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9198453@N03/sets/72157626824195963/

The car has some slight damage to the front quarter panel, which should be repainted, and the left end of the front bumper guard (see photo). There are also a couple of rust bubbles elsewhere on the left side, paint worn down in a couple of spots on the rear, and other minor blemishes to the paint job. At first look, the paint job still looks great, but it does have these flaws. The interior is good but not perfect. There is some wear on the vinyl next to the handbrake, one crack in the foam dash, and one crack in the foam knee pad. The door panels aren't mounted perfectly (I've had to screw parts of them in through the vinyl). There is some minor rust in the rear trunk, and the antenna does not work. Right headlight motor cover needs to be replaced.

$6000 OBO

Eric
323-532-9544

View the full article