Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bump in the road
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hookrah
My 73 2.0L starts and runs perfect with the exception of an occasional "bump" or a series of "bumps" as I move the throttle slightly either way. It doesn't feel like electrical as it's more of a soft miss. I have checked the hoses, timing adjustments and such. What is weird is that it will sometimes run a long time without a hitch. So I was just wondering if anyone has felt something like this and been able to pin it down.
Cupomeat
Normally if the engine is missing after a bump in the road, it means that your motor mounts were very loose... lol-2.gif

Seriously, So it has uneven throttle progression with occasional misses?

Are the misses at the same RPM or throttle position?

Perhaps the MPS is sticking? (If this were an L-Jet, it would be an easy answer).

Good luck!
SirAndy
QUOTE(hookrah @ Jul 26 2011, 02:58 PM) *
My 73 2.0L starts and runs perfect with the exception of an occasional "bump" or a series of "bumps" as I move the throttle slightly either way. It doesn't feel like electrical as it's more of a soft miss. I have checked the hoses, timing adjustments and such. What is weird is that it will sometimes run a long time without a hitch. So I was just wondering if anyone has felt something like this and been able to pin it down.

Could be fuel delivery. When was the last time you replaced your fuel filter? Does the bottom of the tank have rust in it? Stock FI or Carbs?
idea.gif

PS: welcome.png
76-914
TPS ?
Valy
Check your front engine mounts.
PIA to replace but that's probably what you'll need to do.
The right mount is a real challenge. You;ll hear people suggesting that you remove the oil filter to get access. I removed the mount support from the engine and think its much easier this way.
johannes
Had this. Was a loose battery connection.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.