Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Acc Cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Razorbobsr
This am while taking another stab at getting my 914 to burn all 4 plugs, I pumped the peddle and got no vroooomm vroommmmm! Feeling a disconnect, pulled carpet back and panel to find the cable had disconnected itself, I know where it gos in the linkage but dont know if it runs inside or outside of clutch linkage. Outside is closes to center of the car/ inside is closes to brake pedal. The other prob??????????? I have one cyl that never seems to want to fire, have cleaned jets, replaced plugs, wires, I have another set of what I hope are better wires, a cap, and the plan today was to replace those, today, but first the cable. PS anybody looking for a very solid 914?? Getting very close to the sell point!! Bob 2L Carb engine
SGB
Does that hood ornament in yer avatare come w/ the car? Not OEM, but looks great. You won't get a pic like that with a Civic.

Accel cable:
Yep, the clutch cable and accel cable interfere w/ each other on my car too. IIRC, the pivot arm kinda bends inward over time and use until the accel cable sorta drapes over the clutch pivot. I hope I remember this right...

I think you just need to bend that arm that the accel cable connects to toward the pasenger floorboard area- center of car until the cables don't touch...

What kind of dizzy are you using? Is it in correctly? The car will run with diz 180 out if plug wires accomidate, but a bosch 009 (maybe an 050 too) retard #4 a tiny bit I have been told.

Are you sure the intake valve is correctly adjusted on the dead cylinder?

Good luck. It will probably turn out to be something really simple.
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(SGB @ Jul 27 2011, 11:13 AM) *

Does that hood ornament in yer avatare come w/ the car? Not OEM, but looks great. You won't get a pic like that with a Civic.

Accel cable:
Yep, the clutch cable and accel cable interfere w/ each other on my car too. IIRC, the pivot arm kinda bends inward over time and use until the accel cable sorta drapes over the clutch pivot. I hope I remember this right...

I think you just need to bend that arm that the accel cable connects to toward the pasenger floorboard area- center of car until the cables don't touch...

What kind of dizzy are you using? Is it in correctly? The car will run with diz 180 out if plug wires accomidate, but a bosch 009 (maybe an 050 too) retard #4 a tiny bit I have been told.

Are you sure the intake valve is correctly adjusted on the dead cylinder?

Good luck. It will probably turn out to be something really simple.
I have had the car for 2 yrs, tagged and insured, but re-occuring miss just takes all the fun out of owning the car, bet I have not been able to put 10 miles on the car sense driving it home from FL seller. 009 dis, fires up well no matter how long it sits[except for this one cyl] Driving me to sell!!! Hood thing stays with me Bob
Drums66
.....The 009 dist. could be 1 of the issue's idea.gif
bye1.gif smoke.gif shades.gif(btw....nice hood ornament LOL)
Razorbobsr
OK, why the 009??? I have and get spark at the offending cyl. Bob
kevin311
Im no expert on the subject but i beleive the 009 was engineered for industrial use with T1 where the advance curve isnt as important, also either the #3 or 4 cylinder is retarded slighly from the rest because the oil cooler lies in the air path of that cylinder and would otherwise run hotter.
I used one for a little while on my T1 engine and i could never get it to run right, that was the explanation i was given.
I could be wrong in which case someone here with more knowledge can set me straight confused24.gif biggrin.gif
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(kevin311 @ Jul 28 2011, 10:33 AM) *

Im no expert on the subject but i beleive the 009 was engineered for industrial use with T1 where the advance curve isnt as important, also either the #3 or 4 cylinder is retarded slighly from the rest because the oil cooler lies in the air path of that cylinder and would otherwise run hotter.
I used one for a little while on my T1 engine and i could never get it to run right, that was the explanation i was given.
I could be wrong in which case someone here with more knowledge can set me straight confused24.gif biggrin.gif

Tomorrow morning I am having the car taken to a Porsche guy just south of Indy, he build engine for the local porsche guys and has a reputation for knowing[not thinking] he knows how to work on them[25 yrs in the biz]them. Farmers Automotive.com He is not a big fan of the 914, BUT does think its a family member, not a black sheep, but a off gray member. If that makes any sense?? Do you think I should share this info, if hes any good? Bob PS, what dissy are u running now?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.