Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do Germans have small arms?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
I just finished replacing the plastic clip that breaks on the exterior door handle. The procedure is fairly easily except for the small hole in the door that your arm reaches in. I almost got my wife to help me but after several marks on my arm, I got it replaced!

smontanaro
I spent a couple hours helping Pete T. with his reassembly last weekend. A couple times he remarked that you needed the dexterity of a surgeon to do X, where X was whatever he was working on at the moment. Mostly it was door internals stuff...
Cap'n Krusty
Am I correct in reading this as you changed that piece while the handle assembly was IN THE DOOR? That, I can tell you, would never have crossed my mind ............

The Cap'n
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jul 27 2011, 09:24 PM) *

Am I correct in reading this as you changed that piece while the handle assembly was IN THE DOOR? That, I can tell you, would never have crossed my mind ............

The Cap'n

No, I had to remove the door handle by taking out a metric head bolt that is only accessible from inside the door.
Elliot Cannon
Next time take the handle off. Lots easier that way. If something seems difficult to you, ask here first. Maybe we can help.
URY914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jul 27 2011, 06:41 PM) *

Next time take the handle off. Lots easier that way. If something seems difficult to you, ask here first. Maybe we can help.

He did.
URY914
Sir Andy's arms are pretty big. Not that I have a problem with that.....
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Jul 27 2011, 06:37 PM) *

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jul 27 2011, 09:24 PM) *

The Cap'n

No, I had to remove the door handle by taking out a metric head bolt that is only accessible from inside the door.

Oh. I've never found that to be all that difficult.

The Cap'n
Porschef
Nein. Meine arms bist nicht mehr kurz than the next guys. Ironically, I did the same job for a friend this afternoon. Gotta have a 5mm Allen wrench, although having it on an extension would have been helpful. His was missing the 6mm nut that secures the stud to the back of the door. Putting your arm through the lower hole in the door also improves accessibility.

Joe
Cupomeat
QUOTE(porscheless @ Jul 27 2011, 10:04 PM) *

Nein. Meine arms bist nicht mehr kurz than the next guys. Ironically, I did the same job for a friend this afternoon. Gotta have a 5mm Allen wrench, although having it on an extension would have been helpful. His was missing the 6mm nut that secures the stud to the back of the door. Putting your arm through the lower hole in the door also improves accessibility.

Joe

Yes, I find that the allen socket on a 6" extender allows you to keep your arm skin intact.

As for germans having small arms, ever see a howitzer??? lol-2.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jul 27 2011, 06:50 PM) *
Sir Andy's arms are pretty big. Not that I have a problem with that.....

unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.