Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil leak rear main seal problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pdr1787
Well I just put a new 2.0 in my 914(first time ever doing any of this) and I put a 228mm clutch do I put a new flywheel . Whn I did that I noticed it was leaking from
The rearmain seal. Did I pinch the seal or are there different sizes. Help please leaking a lot of oil.
McMark
It could have gone in crooked. You might have knocked the spring off the lip during installation. I'd be happy to loan out my factory installation tool. PM me if you're interested for details.
simonr
I did the same thing . If you used a hammer to tap it in you put dimples in it . If you dont have an installation tool you need to use a piece of flat wood. A cigar box lid works great. At least you get to double check the torque on your flywheel bolts. Good luck!!!
914Mels
QUOTE(Pdr1787 @ Jul 27 2011, 07:17 PM) *

Well I just put a new 2.0 in my 914(first time ever doing any of this) and I put a 228mm clutch do I put a new flywheel . Whn I did that I noticed it was leaking from
The rearmain seal. Did I pinch the seal or are there different sizes. Help please leaking a lot of oil.

Do you know about the o ring seal that goes into the flywheel? New flywheels don't have it installed when you buy them.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(914Mels @ Jul 28 2011, 02:09 PM) *

QUOTE(Pdr1787 @ Jul 27 2011, 07:17 PM) *

Do you know about the o ring seal that goes into the flywheel? New flywheels don't have it installed when you buy them.

And, if they have any time on them at all, they need to be replaced.

The Cap'n
Jake Raby
And the Elring seals are PURE JUNK! If the seal was Elring from the past 18 months or so, it is pure junk.

We only use and sell Victor Reinz
Pdr1787
I got a new rear main seal. I'm just waiting for it to come in. I did change the o-ring on the flywheel. I'll let you know how it goes when I'm done. Thanks for the advice
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.